PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Half Moon Bay Crab Opener

Berryessa Boater
11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Fished the crab opener out on H.M.B, and one word comes to mind....."Epic"...unseasonally calm weather & crab pots "STUFFED"!!! with jumbo crabs. Some pots containing upwards of 25 crabs. Tried again on Sunday....but what a "difference a day makes", Small craft warnings, rain, heavy wind gusts....left the boat "tied up" at the dock. If the local commercial crab fleet strike as predicted, to prevent the "out-of-state crabbers" from fishing local waters, that provides the local sport crabbers, even more of an opportunity to enjoy an initial relatively, unmolested crab season. If you crab out of H.M.B, just remember to observe the agreeded upon "Trawl Zone" & of course the "MPA's ( marine preserve zone/s)......Mark

Bduck
11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Yea Mark I remember doing the crab season out of Bodega Bay every Thankgiving week and hoping the weather would be good. Would also do it during the month of February. Spring and fall were always the good times to go. Nothing like fresh cook crab. I had a 17' deep V boat I use to set traps out on. I miss it. tongue2 worthy12