PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lake 10-08-10

TrophyBoat
10-11-2010, 12:52 PM
I haven't been fishing a whole lot due to buying and house and a knee surgery but Me and my dad met up with my uncle at good old BIG BLUE bear lake to do some fishing, it was raining pretty good in the morning but the weather held out for us all day with only a little breeze, but it was a cold one.
Trolled from sunup till 5:00 in the afternoon with one bite and one fish, but it was nice 16#, 36" lake trout. Marked lots of fish but could not find much they would bite. Long day on the water, but had an awesome time.

SuperD
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Pop looks like the fish landed a few punches in that fight. Nice reward for sticking out a long day!

Bduck
10-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Seeing the ol' pro standing holding his laker makes you appreciate wet weather gear & warm clothing knowing whats on the horizon. I guess I'm putting Bear Lake on one my last chance for the season list before the big "W" starts hammering down. Nice fish TrophyBoat. Would I be lying if I said "can't wait to get up there?" tooexcited

TrophyBoat
10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd like to get up there again myself, the fishing seems to be best fishing from here on out till may but its hard to get my dad out and MY boat is not quite the boat you wanna be on up there this time of year.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

kokaddict
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Just got back from fishing there yesterday off "the hot spot" and managed to land 6 fish between 6 - 11:30 AM. Caught two over 10lbs, most were 6-9lbs.

I'm heading back over again a couple of times this week; if anyone's interested, they are welcome to join me if you bring some hot chocolate!

kokaddict
11-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Just heading out, just a skiff of snow and mostly cloudy today; should be great fishing. I'll keep you guys posted on any luck (or lack thereof)!

kokaddict
11-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Cold but productive trips. It was about 26 degrees on the lake both yesterday and today, but both trips were productive. Managed to land three fish yesterday and two today; however today's Mack measured out at just shy of 31". I didn't have my scale so I'm not sure what the bad-boy weighed, but it was a terrific battle for about 25 minutes this cold morning on my 12lb line. Also landed a ouple of good sized cut-throat as well so I can't complain, but then I haven't thawed yet either. I'm bumming as I lost another one close to the boat just after day break which (like all that get away) looked like a monster! It broke the sufface just before it got lose and looked like a very nice fish. Sorry no pics, my digital is apparently a little too cold sensitive.

Heading back out tomorrow and possibly Sunday with new fish'n buddies so we'll see how we fair! We're at the tail end of the 'prime' season but hopefully luck and weather will hold out for us!

kokaddict
11-14-2010, 03:54 PM
After returning yesterday and today from Bear this morning, I wanted to post a quick update with some numbers.

This morning I fished for just a little over 3 hours and managed to hook 5 but only landed 4. All cuts...three on minnow simulators and one on the diamond spoon. The largest was just a nice 22".

No Macks either yesterday or today but I lost something of a lead weighted-lunker that I hooked at 85 feet. It managed to bend one treble and broke the other...lesson learned to always use Gamakatsu I guess.

When returning to the dock, however, there were two guys that managed to land a HUGE Mack off the rock pile; they wouldn't share what they were using but since we were the only two boats on the lake again today, there wasn't much competition.

I've posted some pics of a couple of the nicer cuts that 'Smoke on the Water' and I landed when I get back from my fishing Bear again tomorrow morning.

Hope it was a productive weekend for everyone!

Thought I'd share a pic of my son Colton, the fishing fanatic, who wouldn't touch these "big" fish, but wanted to hold it up for a shot before this one was prepared for the dinner plate. He's two and a half and is almost as addicted to fishing as his Dad...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. laugh hyst

Here's also one of Tom's numerous that he caught. His was just shy of 23", mine was a bit smaller.