PDA

View Full Version : 10-10-10 AMERICAN kokanee

KOK head
10-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I slept in Saturday and ran errands (Costco free samples = Dukes chowder had a buffet!) with the family, so no fishing. Slept in again this morning, woke up, made breakfast for the kids and wife, then the 6 year old begged..."Dad, can I go fishing with you this time?", so that we did! We were on American Lake around 11 a.m. We started pulling the normal gear around at 25-30 feet and within 10mins, my boy had the first fish boated. After boating a few koks, I wanted to see if the bows were wanting to play a little... so I rigged up a red wedding ring, tipped with a chunk of night crawler. 10' down and 65 pulls back on the south end of the lake, across from the boat house, in 60' of water. Within minutes... I had a huge take down! This thing smacked its tail on the surface loud and hard! I tried playing the fish the best I could....but unfortunately, I was going against the wind and the boat was all over the place. I had the fish 10 feet behind my boat and it stopped and ran off. The hook came flying out... and I had some choice words flying out of my mouth! We brought 9 koks home. Tossed a few back, lost a few... and lost the American Lake Rainbow Monster! But I'll be back with a vengeance to get him! I'll post it when I do!

kokanee_slayer
10-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Great Report and nice pics!!! Nothing better than taking the kids out fishing. Looks like you did well... Congrats! Hopefully you catch the big one next time as there are some big Bows in the lake. Last November I saw a fly Fisherman pull in a 26 incher down towards the Little American end.

eenakoK
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
awesomereport
Glad to hear you had a good time! Thanks for sharing as always!

kokonee animal
10-12-2010, 09:09 PM
I slammed into a big whatever up o the no. end at fifteen feet and my rod was tryin' to make a 90 degree bend. I was out 75 feet and could not tell what it was but I thought it looked like a oversize kok. I'll neveer know! KEEP CATCHN'! Kokonee animal ----------------FISH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!