PDA

View Full Version : 10-8-10 Sammamish cutthroat

KOK head
10-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I woke up this morning and called the boss. He said to pitch a tent today due to the rain. So, I woke up the 12yr old (that has had the last two days of school off) and said...we are going to Lake Sammamish to get into some cutthroat; and that we did! We were on the water by 8:00am, on the east side of the lake in 80' of water. 25' down off the riggers at 1.5 - 1.7 mph, trolling a red single hook brass blade wedding ring tipped off with a chunk of night crawler. We boated 8 cutts within 3 hours and off the lake by 11am. The biggest cutt was measured at just a hair over 18 inches. All fish fillets were bright red and are now soaking in brine for the smoker. Good start to a Fall weekend.

signfishin
101chromefish101

SilverBullets
10-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Way to get into em KOK head! And to think I used to live just a couple miles west of Lake Sammamish and never fished for those cutts. I used to go after the large mounth bass... seen some huge ones up to around 8-10 pounds in there! If you ever go after steelhead try the Snoqualmie where the Tolt River comes in (over the hill from Lake Sammamish)...used to do pretty good there.