PDA

View Full Version : 2010 dodge truck with the hemi v8

river hunter
10-06-2010, 03:07 PM
im curious about the hemi cause ive got the smaller 4.7L v8 motor an was wanting to get a defferent dodge truck, preferable one with the hemi. but does anyone out there have or know of anyone with the hemi v8 in there truck? if so do you/they like it? is the mpg good/alright? i know it has the power but i hear stories that the hemi gets the same mpg as the smaller v8? is that true?

thanks

Bduck
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm always hearing about how they rave over the options that come with the truck. Most of the guys I know that has the Dodge go for power such as the diesel engine. They are really happy with it. The V10 or the V8 360 motor provides good power as well and shouldn't be excluded. Its more of a budget thing when it comes down to options. There may be some really good deals still going on thru the dealerships that are still surviving. I drive a F250 Powerstroke and love it.

AFDan52
10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi River hunter, I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Quadcab shortbed with the 5.7 L HEMI and an automatic transmission. I really like this truck, My last truck was a 1998 1/2 Dodge Quadcab shortbed 2500 with 24- valve Cummings engine. The reason that I don't have the 98 Dodge any longer is it was having some very serious transmission problems and I didn't want to spend any more money on it. I traded it in on the one I have now with the HEMI and I am very pleased with my choice.
The mileage I get is around 13-14 mpg around town, and around 18-20 mpg on the Highway. That depends on the driving. The Hemi has all the power you are going to need. I go up into the Mountains to get to some lakes here in Northern Utah and there are some that are steep, I have no problems with this truck towing my boat or anyother for that matter. I hope this helps.

Full_Monte
10-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Hi River hunter, I have a 2006 Dodge 2500 Quadcab shortbed with the 5.7 L HEMI and an automatic transmission. I really like this truck, My last truck was a 1998 1/2 Dodge Quadcab shortbed 2500 with 24- valve Cummings engine. The reason that I don't have the 98 Dodge any longer is it was having some very serious transmission problems and I didn't want to spend any more money on it. I traded it in on the one I have now with the HEMI and I am very pleased with my choice.
The mileage I get is around 13-14 mpg around town, and around 18-20 mpg on the Highway. That depends on the driving. The Hemi has all the power you are going to need. I go up into the Mountains to get to some lakes here in Northern Utah and there are some that are steep, I have no problems with this truck towing my boat or anyother for that matter. I hope this helps.

What boat are you towing and how heavy is it?

AFDan52
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Monte, I have a closed Bow 19ft. Searay I/O that I tow behind that truck. No problems , the weight is around 2500- 3000 lbs. Trailer and all.