PDA

View Full Version : 10-2-10 lake sammamish

KOK head
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
My 11yr son and I went out to lake sammamish at sunrise we worked the water column for a good 2hrs till we had any bites! Once we were on the NW side of the lake in 80ft of water my son had a huge take down turned out to be a sockeye / AKA kokanee a fat one at that back to the under world it went . So I then proceeded to bring my gear up to his depth wich was 25ft and with in seconds I had MR. kok on the other end of my line back it went also so rather being off shore aways I made my slight turn into the shore line and bam kids pole pops off HELLO MR. cutt. just what we were out for so for the next 4hrs between my son and I we boated 3 koks , 13 cutts , 1 perch , and 1 small mouth bass lost a few at the boat and kept a few for the smoker! We were runing a red wedding ring with a brass blade single hook tiped with a worm 25' down 45 to 65 pulls back 60ft to 80ft off water and speed was at 1.5 - 1.8 MPH All meat was bright orange ! signfishin
101chromefish101

eenakoK
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM
awesomereport
Thanks for sharing! I want to get out and try for those cutts!

kokonee animal
10-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Good Job! I've Never Fished The Lake ' But Will Someday. Any Size To The Cutts?

KOK head
10-05-2010, 10:52 PM
In the pic the bigger cutt was 18inchs. I would say 17inchs to 20inchs or so is common for that lake same with lake wa. the cutthroat fishing should be geting real good soon in both lakes ! In lake wa. I run a cut plug or whole herring works well . And in lake sammamish plain old red wedding ring tiped with worm does the trick !