PDA

View Full Version : 9-27-2010 AMERICAN lake

KOK head
09-27-2010, 06:05 PM
signfishin101chromefish101 they are still biting ! and chrome ! same gear as all ways 35' down .

kokanee_slayer
09-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Nice work and Great Pics! thumbsup Were you using your normal setup?

eenakoK
09-28-2010, 12:41 AM
awesomereport

Winterun
09-28-2010, 12:44 PM
signfishin101chromefish101 they are still biting ! and chrome ! same gear as all ways 35' down .

Kok Head,

I was out there on sunday afternoon the 26th from 4pm till 7pm. Ridiculous Kokanee fishing! Doubles were the norm. We could not even get the lines in the clips before we got bit. If we did, we didn't make it to the seat before we had a fish on!!!
But during one of the turn arounds, I noticed my fishfinder went almost black. Well you know how the leaves and grass was out there this weekend. Checked my transducer, clean, looked at the screen again closer this time noticed they were all fish, hit the waypoint button. Light bulb went off, shut the trolling motor off, reeled everything in and grabbed my jigging rods. 9' spinning rods rated at 2-6# with a prototype jig from one of my OEM's and proceeded to hook fish till dark!!! My buddy has never caught koke's on a jig and could not believe it! I told him it was a rare opportunity to hook so many jigging, as half the work is finding them!!!
Caught the trollers on Yakima Baits new UV Dodger, with "my" improved version of Gamakatsu's Flat Blade Spinner using UV beads, and UV blade. The jigged up fish were hooked on well.......can't say. As I mentioned it's a prototype and was given to me for R&D from a well known jig manufacturer.
We kept a few each, because I only wanted to verify that they are next year's fish. A couple of them had fully developed egg sacs and sperms sacs, while the others had nothing at all. But were of the same size 14"to 15" We did catch some snaggle tooth one's too.
If your out there again look for a blue SmokerCraft Osprey and say hello! But back to coho fishing this weekend!
Winterun

KOK head
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the info on the jigging for the kokanee! I have never tried that before. I would like to learn that type of technique. Sounds like it would also be great for my kids to try. I believe we have talked before on American, when the kokanee first started to bite. I was the one in the 15ft tiderunner, black top and sides. I pulled a huge rainbow out while trolling for kokanee. If I see you, I'll shout out to you and once you can spill the beans on the jigging thing... I would like to hear it all! Thanks !

Winterun
09-28-2010, 05:50 PM
KOK,

Yes I do remember! That was a nice trout! I did'nt get any that big, but I gave it a shot later in the season during early Aug.

My time is limited out there now, with coho's and fall chinook to get after, and winter run steelheading around the corner.

But if the rivers are blown..... you might just see me out there again. After all, I'm only 10mins from the lake!!!

Winterun