PDA

View Full Version : Paulina 9/25

SilverBullets
09-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Great day up at the lake...no wind and plenty of sunshine. After noticeing last Wednesday (9/22) how jigging was producing mostly red spawners and the kokes caught trolling were for the most part still in good shape we threw the Apex's at em today. Caught and released around 15 (some starting to get dark and others too small) and got our limits of ones still silver up to 14 1/2". Marked some very large schools today taking up the fishfinder screen from the 20' level all the way down to 60'. Open water out in the middle held alot of fish. We went by the "jigging hole" and noticed thousands hugging the bottom but passed on going after them figureing it was probably a spawning bed since every other time we went through that area this year we hardly saw any of the numbers we've seen in years past. Best speed was 1.5 to 1.7 mph with a black box setting of .650 useing ball trolls with a 10' to 20' setback. Depth was for the most part the 40' level with a few caught down at 50' and 60'. Kokanee special scented corn with kokanee special gel smeared on the lures sealed the deal.

Full_Monte
10-23-2010, 07:11 AM
As usual, SB, your posts are full of useful information. Now all I need is a Lake Paulina nearby. thumbsup We have Lake Berryessa about 3 hours away, though. I think one of the things you guys have going for you in the Northwest is the number of kokes you are allowed to catch per day. That gives you a lot of experience quickly compared to us in the south where the limit is only 5.

SilverBullets
10-23-2010, 12:03 PM
As usual, SB, your posts are full of useful information. Now all I need is a Lake Paulina nearby. thumbsup We have Lake Berryessa about 3 hours away, though. I think one of the things you guys have going for you in the Northwest is the number of kokes you are allowed to catch per day. That gives you a lot of experience quickly compared to us in the south where the limit is only 5.

Paulina is also a 5 fish limit but since the road heading up to the lake is only 25 minutes from the house I get up there alot.