PDA

View Full Version : Yawwwwwn!!!!

Pogue
09-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Seems the forum has died down a bit. What does do during the "off season" to keep busy??? Post pics of what you do in your spare time, I have a few things I'm doin', I'll post some pics later.

SmokeOnTheWater
09-22-2010, 09:44 PM
As one fine gentleman once said eons ago "There's other fish in the sea". Well, the mack fishing at the Gorge is just now starting to get pretty good and the weather is fantastic. Here's a pic of a friend from last year in MY boat.

Torres
09-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Seems the forum has died down a bit. What does do during the "off season" to keep busy??? Post pics of what you do in your spare time, I have a few things I'm doin', I'll post some pics later.

Hey Rob.
The next time I go out I'll post pic's of the silver or chromer I'll catch.
That's if ! laugh hyst

My brother and I floated the Skykomish last Friday for the first time. The silvers are there but couldn't get them to take. Stay tuned.

Pogue
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Heres one project that I finished recently. Still out tryin to get me some silvers tho.

Torres
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
That is one amazing heron Rob!
How long did it take you to craft that??

Pogue
09-24-2010, 01:13 PM
That is one amazing heron Rob!
How long did it take you to craft that??

Thanx! I don't even want to think about how many hours I have into this! It was fun to do tho. Heres a pic of the pieces after they were cut and as I was painting it. The time was painting a little, waiting for the paint to dry, painting more etc.

MMDON
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
This set took a span of 5 days including paint to build. It's the display piece I used at our last show. No CNC either.

Solid Hickory heart wood.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8176/1282883.jpg

Show:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2221/1282868.jpg

I like a challenge and some hand work to play with. 101cheers101

Pogue
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Very nice MMM!! That would have taken me months to do and it wouldn't have looked that good. I just work in the shop a few hours most days (and on weekends when I can get out of yardwork).

MMDON
09-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Thank you Pogue. I really enjoy you sharing your great creations and skills in the plugs you post here. I have an infinity for all those who work with wood. Lately I've dabbled into the world of metal and glass as you've maybe seen on other threads. It's still a huge learning curve.

BTW are you also on SOL?

Thanks again,

Don

Pogue
09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you Pogue. I really enjoy you sharing your great creations and skills in the plugs you post here. I have an infinity for all those who work with wood. Lately I've dabbled into the world of metal and glass as you've maybe seen on other threads. It's still a huge learning curve.

BTW are you also on SOL?

Thanks again,

Don

Yeah, I'm on SOL. I mainly just check in there to see what others are doing. There is some awesome work being done on that site.

MMDON
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Great stuff! I have some of Winch's work as well as some Pikies from a maker in the Sac area. Those guys rock!

twisted lines
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM
The wood work is very nice, but I work with things that can be fixed after I mess them up tooexcited

MMDON
09-26-2010, 10:37 PM
The wood work is very nice, but I work with things that can be fixed after I mess them up tooexcited

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! 101goodpost101

Bug_Spin_Dokta
09-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I'm on SOL. I mainly just check in there to see what others are doing. There is some awesome work being done on that site.

SOL is the business when it comes to Plug building. i have a really good friend that goes to the Ashbury every year to show some fine woodworks.

Pogue
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM

VERY NICE!!! How long has that taken you so far?? What did it look like when you started it?

Pogue
09-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Great stuff! I have some of Winch's work as well as some Pikies from a maker in the Sac area. Those guys rock!

How did you get them, was it from a plug chain? I think Winch is in Cali?

Pogue
09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
SOL is the business when it comes to Plug building. i have a really good friend that goes to the Ashbury every year to show some fine woodworks.

I joined that site and soon learned I had alot to learn!!

Kokonuts
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I joined that site and soon learned I had alot to learn!!

I would like to check the Sol site can you post a link?

Thanks, Kokonuts

MMDON
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM

I think Winch moved to Oregon last time I spoke with him. Some came directly from Winch and some from the Bug_Spin_Docta. West Coast stuff from the some of the best out there.

twisted lines
09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
VERY NICE!!! How long has that taken you so far?? What did it look like when you started it?

I have had it a little over a year, and it has affected my fishing & pocket found somthing more $$$ then Kokanee; still waiting for the front fenders (Paint) just hanging for almost 5 months on them.... here is what I started with very lucky, and a mid step. TL

Bug_Spin_Dokta
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM

Winch and Fixter are good friends of mine. YES they are here on the West Coast.

Pogue
09-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Winch and Fixter are good friends of mine. YES they are here on the West Coast.

I just recognize the names, and have seen some of their work - very nice! I think there are only a few from the west coast there. I always felt more like an outsider on SOL. Not for any other reason than different types of fishing styles/lures. As far as I know, there is only one other person from Wa. state there.

Pogue
09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
I have had it a little over a year, and it has affected my fishing & pocket found somthing more $$$ then Kokanee; still waiting for the front fenders (Paint) just hanging for almost 5 months on them.... here is what I started with very lucky, and a mid step. TL

That truck was in pretty nice shape to begin with!

Pogue
09-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Here is few more that I'm working on. I have them close to finished now, but have been spending my time on other things (plug building/fishing).

Bug_Spin_Dokta
09-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I just recognize the names, and have seen some of their work - very nice! I think there are only a few from the west coast there. I always felt more like an outsider on SOL. Not for any other reason than different types of fishing styles/lures. As far as I know, there is only one other person from Wa. state there.

Sportyguy33 use to be from Sacramento, he is now up in Bend, OR. I have alot of his stuff too. Mostly Spooks and Cigar type plugs. 5-7oz in weight.

twisted lines
09-29-2010, 08:50 PM
That truck was in pretty nice shape to begin with!

I did say very lucky! But when it was moved it was hard to push & it came from a time when there was dung on the dirt roads and there was plenty stuck to the bottom. Nice sketches

Torres
09-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Here is few more that I'm working on. I have them close to finished now, but have been spending my time on other things (plug building/fishing).

Fantastic job with the sketches Rob, I didn't realize you liked to draw too.

Berryessa Boater
11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I would like to check the Sol site can you post a link?

Thanks, Kokonuts I don't know if anyone responded to your request, if you Google search stripersonline it will bring you to their website......Mark