PDA

View Full Version : Sept 19, 2010 AMERICAN LAKE

KOK head
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
To make a long story short, my 2 boys and I went out to American Lake this morning. I was wondering what was in store for us, due to the fact that my kicker motor was down! Therefore, I brought 2 empty 5 gallon buckets and tied them off 2ft behind the boat. 101noharte101 That was still not enough drag to bring me down to the speed I needed to entice these koks. After getting a few hits and no hook ups... I started trolling south bound against the wind and that was the ticket! Shortly after the initial turn to head south, I had a big take down. I boated a 18inch kok and then within the next hour, I boated 3 other smaller footballs. My speed, going with the wind, was 1.5 - 2.2mph and against the wind was 0.3 - 0.9mph. All fish were caught 30' off the riggers with a dee's micro flasher and trailed with a green wedding ring tipped with white gulp maggot with doulble hooks! My 12 year old also lost 8 fish at the boat. Not a bad day, but not the best either. As always, was nice to get out on the lake. Until next time....

signfishin 101chromefish101

eenakoK
09-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I am glad that you were able to get out! Thanks for sharing the report and pics! I might try to get out once or twice again!

kokonee animal
09-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Good job! 18" fish ahhhhhh thats nice. my biggest was 17 1/2 ". thinkn' I might go tomorrow or the next day. It depends on the barometer. I've been busy doin' honey do's. Til next time ......kok animal is gone.

Torres
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Nice to see the fish are still bright...Good job!

Bluknight
09-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I love the "don't be hatin" sign and don't worry there is nothing wrong with a ghetto wind socks! If they work and it catches fish I don't think many would judge you.

Well done!

kokanee_slayer
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Awesome report KoK head; and an 18 incher to boot - Great Job!!!thumbsup

The weather reports look favorable for the weekend so I may give it a try Saturday. I would go out tomorrow but that darn work always gets in the way of my fishing.