PDA

View Full Version : east canyon again.

Petty4life
09-17-2010, 06:06 PM
fished east canyon again today with kokehead. started out the day running into Bduck at the boat ramp. then off to fishing not long into our morning i latched into something nice that wasnt giving me anything reeling him in got it to the boat and thought it was a nice brown. but after several attempts to get it in the net we found it to be a nice tiger trout. 22in 5lb made my whole day caught it on a vance sockeye slamer in blue/pink glow color, also between the 2 of us we picked up 50+ rainbows on kokanee flees, purple/pink GDF squids and vance sockeye slammers. great day on the water and enjoyed chatting with BDuck on the radio

DLM
09-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Nice sweatshirt and cap. Oh Ya, the fish looks good also.thumbsup

Bduck
09-17-2010, 08:12 PM
That was a HOG worthy12 Here's an added pic of Jason. Picked of quite a few bows myself using a Kokanee Flea not yet on the market trailed behind RMT dodger. Also caught a few on Lyman lures. Some of these bows were beautiful with speckles in the 2lb range. Thought of trying my pirate skills and going after a 5lb Tiger. fencing

Kokehead
09-18-2010, 12:18 AM
It was great to get out on the water again. Great fishing and great company. It was nce to see you again Bduck. If all goes well, the flee will be available soon, just keep having unexpected fall backs...
Oh ya, I guess that tiger petty caught was a nice fish;) considering it's the biggest one I've seen come out of the big easy..

trollmonkey
09-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Petty nice tiger and nice boat! How are your rods held on top of your bimini.I have a CC and my rod holders are right under the top when it is up.Needless to say the rods I'm not using don't fit under.101chromefish101

Petty4life
09-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Petty nice tiger and nice boat! How are your rods held on top of your bimini.I have a CC and my rod holders are right under the top when it is up.Needless to say the rods I'm not using don't fit under.101chromefish101

there is a couple loops at the front that the rods go under and a bungee coard at the back that the butt of the rods go under. i can go across the lake 30mph with the rods up there and they dont move. the net on the other had has to come down.

TrophyBoat
09-18-2010, 03:25 PM
sweet fish petty

SilverBullets
09-19-2010, 11:15 AM
awesomereportGreat report Petty and nice fish! I've never even heard of a tiger trout...how are they to eat compared to a rainbow?

SuperD
09-19-2010, 03:29 PM
From the stories I've heard about Tigers, that would be a record. It may be a spawned out brown?

TrophyBoat
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Thats definetly a tiger trout, not a record but a bigun outta east canyon. There can be a big difference between the male and female and also time of year caught changes their look as well, i attached a picture of a male and female, you can definetley see the difference in coloration but the pattern on the fish are the same.

Petty4life
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Fished east canyon again today, this time i took my fatherinlaw. got on the water at first light, caught about 30 rainbows trolling blue/pink glow vance spoon, gooddayfishing purple/pink glow squids and punurple kokanee flees behind shasta and rmt dodgers. between 10-26ft, fishing could have been better but i spent alot of time teaching my fatherinlaw about downrigging after a few lessons he was running the riggers by himself with very little problems, was a great day on the water.

Kokehead
09-24-2010, 11:34 PM
Nice to hear the slimer bite is still on. Sorry I missed out today but family first. I'm going to try to get Sunday though. No tigers today huh?

eenakoK
09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Glad to hear it was a good day!

Petty4life
09-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Nice to hear the slimer bite is still on. Sorry I missed out today but family first. I'm going to try to get Sunday though. No tigers today huh?

dont you mean flowers first kelly? LOL no no tigers today. i missed having someone that could elp run the boat while im reeling in fish

Bduck
09-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Sure would have been nice to go myself. Was thinking that there might be skiers on the water since temps are still warm. Can't wait to get back out there in about another week. Good on ya Petty.

Petty4life
10-10-2010, 12:25 AM
fished east canyon again today, gdf purple/pink glow squids and kokanee flees did the trick again today caught 30 fish before noon, 10-20ft. lots of boats up there today secret is out on the big easy.