PDA

View Full Version : Paulina 9/10

SilverBullets
09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
It's not over yet! Went up for what we thought was our last trip of the season today but never did see a spawned out koke. We (dad and I) knocked em dead jigging. We did slow drifts targeting suspended fish in the 40-50' range and covered areas where they were stacked like cord wood. I used the bow mounted electric motor to stay over the schools. We got our limits, released around 10 and had around 20 drive bys where they hit, cleaned the corn off the jigs and were gone before we had time to react. Best corn scent today was kokanee special and garlic. Plenty of sun and no wind.
Last year at this time we called it quits due to catching more spawners than keepers but the way it looks right now I'd say there's gonna be at least a couple more weeks of fishing this year.thumbsup
Hey skyhammer...if you read this I'm sorry I missed you. I saw your boat and camp site on the way out but you were gone...hope we can hook up one of these days.101cheers101

HiTechKoke
09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Sounds like a good time to test all those custom jigs. Keep working them over!

Fallriverguy
09-10-2010, 11:58 PM
Good Job SB. I guess the cool spring has delayed the development of the fish.

eenakoK
09-11-2010, 02:44 AM
awesomereport
Sounds like a great day on the water! I hope the have success like that in a few hours! Enjoy it while it lasts!

kokaneekid
09-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the report SilverB...101goodpost101

I haven’t jigged yet this year because the trolling has been great for me. When push comes to shove dad, and I long lined too pick them up. I might have to look into trying it just to have another technique in my arsenal.

Fish On kokaneekid

SilverBullets
09-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the report SilverB...101goodpost101

I haven’t jigged yet this year because the trolling has been great for me. When push comes to shove dad, and I long lined too pick them up. I might have to look into trying it just to have another technique in my arsenal.

Fish On kokaneekid

You should look into it! I've allways been a troller and don't have much of a problem getting fish but it just isn't the same when your holding the rod in your hand. The initial hook-up while jigging can be very exciting...they hit like a ton of bricks! You really have to be on your toes and consentrate or they'll steal the corn and be gone before you know it. Having the right equipment has really helped (thanks again Fallriverguy) and made it alot more fun.
Having another technique in your arsenal is what it's all about.