PDA

View Full Version : 95 kok’s @ Odell Lake 9/4 - 9/6

kokaneekid
09-07-2010, 12:36 AM
95 kok’s @ Odell Lake

So I had a three day weekend to go fishing and we had a big decision to make, Salmon fishing on the coast, or Odell Lake. I talked my wife, father in-law, and mother in-law into camping at Shelter Cove and it was a blast. After fishing the Kokanee Power Tournament at Shelter Cove I was excited to get back and try my luck at kokanee fishing again. Shelter Cove is such a great place to stay with a top notch staff and perfect camping atmosphere it’s a great pick and I’ll be headed back next year for sure. The fish are still in excellent shape and are running all over the lake; we had even picked a few up at 10 feet while trying to rig up our top poles. Our first day out I had ONE micro orange R & K hoochie that was nonstop all day. We ended day one with 35, and I made a phone call to Robbie from R & K and told him that his micro hoochie was really working well for me at Odell. Lucky me he was coming up to Odell to visit some friends on Sunday and said he would bring me a new kind of hoochie and a couple of orange ones as well. Thank God because by day two I had caught so many fish on that ONE hoochie the treble hook fell off, we ended that day with 25. Robbie showed up in the afternoon and handed me some really nice hoochies that I was excited to get wet. Monday started out with a frenzy, I couldn’t even keep my four poles in the water for the first hour & half, and those orange hoochies where on fire, we ended that day with 35 really nice fish, and it was the only day the fish were consistently big, and I didn’t change my gear up all day. What a wonderful weekend great camping, great fishing, and great weather. I couldn’t have asked for a better trip.

So this was my last kokanee fishing trip for this year I would like to thank my dad, Chester for all his words of wisdom and fishing incite without him I would have brought home five fish this weekend if I was lucky. I would also like to thank my wife for the downriggers and all the weekends that she went fishing with me. Kokanee fishing has become a big part of my life, and I have the kokanee sickness really bad. My freezer might be full and the cupboards packed with canned kokanee and dad’s smoker is full, but I am still looking forward to next year. I’ll be eating well this winter and I’ll have plenty of opportunity to gear up for the next season. I know my first stop for the 2011 kokanee season will be Robbie’s house to pick up some more hoochies.

If you are into counting the fish in the pictures you will notice that three are missing, at the cleaning station someone wanted to buy a few fish from me, I told him I would do one better and just give him enough for dinner. He didn’t have a boat and hadn’t eaten kokanee before. I told him this could be a really expensive dinner, because after you eat one you’ll be hooked, next you’ll be shopping for a boat and gear and planning your life around this wonderful fish. See you all on the lake next year...

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

eenakoK
09-07-2010, 01:56 AM
awesomereport
That is one great way to end the season! I have enjoyed reading your reports and am always amazed at the amount of fish you catch! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us the success you have had. Thanks again!

DB

Bluknight
09-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Congrats on a great year. I too have enjoyed your posts and have been left in awe at the amount of fish you catch. I'm glad my luck has increased this year, but I have ways to go to catch up!

That was not very nice to tease that guy at the fish cleaning station 101ok101! It would have been much cheaper to charge him $500 a fish. Now he's going be in it for about $80K! Seriously though that was very cool to share your success.

Finally you and your better half in the last picture appear to be part of a "Pro Team" very stylish - you look like a professional guide team!

Bduck
09-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Nice haul. That definately will stock the freezer. Noticed a couple of reds in the one pic. Enjoyed your post. Too bad it's the end of the season. 101goodpost101

Koke-n-a-smile
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Nice haul! Up here at Merwin our limit is 5 per person. Next year I must look into a camping trip down your way, that is just incredible. Also, nice karma by giving that guy some fish, and Bluknight is right, they may be the most expensive fish he ever received!

SilverBullets
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
101goodpost101What a way to end the season...thanks for sharing and bringing some added excitment to the forum this year. I'm not quite over yet (planing another trip or two) and can hardly wait for next season to begin. Be sure to stop by and check on what cabin fever "stuff" we're all working on this winter. thumbsup

Kokonuts
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Great Report !! What a way to end the Kokanee Season!

I am planning on fishing at Odell next season when I am finlly fully retired!!

Kokonuts 101goodpost101

KokeKruiser
09-10-2010, 12:03 AM
What a great way to end your season!