PDA

View Full Version : new to kokanee

rebelsportsman
08-28-2010, 06:11 PM
i have never fished for kokanee. i was in colorado for 2 months and saw the people in boats catching kokanee. i will take my boat with me next year and plan to learn to catch kokanee. i have a lot to learn, but we do not have any in texas, so it will be next summer before i get to start after the kokanee.

Bduck
08-28-2010, 09:39 PM
101welcomw rebelsportsman. You don't have to wait til next year to learn about koke fishing when its all in front of you in this forum. Once you learn, just add your redneck touch to it thumbsup. Don't be shy about joining in on any discussions or creating one yourself. 101chromefish101

SeaDog
08-29-2010, 03:30 AM
Hi!

Welcome "rebelsportsman"!

WARNING!!!! -> Kokanee fishing is "VERY ADDICTIVE!"

I call them my " Little PHYSCO Fish!".

Hit like a safe falling from a 3 story building! or light as a feather!
Will double your rod over -> EVERY TIME!
ABSOLUTELY -> HATE to be Hooked!
Rocket to the surface like an ICBM before you even get one crank on your reel!
Tail walk like a Tarpon!
Scream line off a reel like a BoneFish!
Jump 1-5 ft.high in the air!
Zig-Zag wildly!
Most FUN! You'll ever have on Light - Ultra-light or Micro-light fishing gear.
YaHooooo! Kokes will get your blood racing!!!!!!

Best of all -> Fabulous eating -> cooked, grilled, or smoked!

I'll never go back to Bass fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

SeaDog

Riverrunner
08-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Warning

The addiction hits fast and hard. You will think about them day and night. Your wallet will be thin and your boat will be filled with all kinds of new gear. BUT ITS WORTH EVERY MINUTE ON THE WATER!

kokaneekid
08-29-2010, 10:53 PM
My dad says it's like a fever that doesn't go away, I have it really bad!!!! Are you sure you don't want to stick with bass fishing in Texas?

Welcome to the Forum, and you will learn a lot from this site. There is ton's of top notch kokanee fisherman here that are willing to share fishing secrets. Looking forward to your reports...

Fish On kokaneekid

rebelsportsman
08-30-2010, 01:47 PM
bass fishing is one thing i don't go out of my way to do. i like catching big catfish on rod and reel. i do some striper fishing and some crappie fishing. i am already trying to change some things in my boat to make it ready for next year. i went out this morning and caught 8 bluecats before it got to hot. it is way to hot in texas in the summer.