PDA

View Full Version : Paulina 8/27

SilverBullets
08-27-2010, 11:09 PM
It was a cold morning up at the lake today...arrived to a frosted over dock at 7:30am with a temperature of 29 degrees. Dad decided he needed to school me in the art of jigging and proceded to kick my butt. crymeariver If that wasn't bad enough, afterwards he complained that his reeling arm hurt and asked if I could ice it down for him!! laugh hyst
We had great time. Both limits were caught jigging targeting suspended fish while doing a slow drift. Corn used today was garlic/anise and kokanee special/anise dyed pink useing hummingbird nectar with a sprinkle of Wizard korn dye. Both batches had a dash of Wizard Korn magic added. The most productive jigs used today were a couple of my homemade ones and a P-line I repainted. All fish were great shape and were in the 12-14 1/2" range with BRIGHT red meat.... The smoker will be busy this weekend!! thumbsup

kokaneekid
08-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Did you have any money on the line with your dad? I don't bet with mine anymore, we used to do a bet on who could spot the first deer... He was cheating because he had a really expensive pair of optics. Nothing like getting schooled by the old man. Thanks for the reports

Fish On kokaneekid

SilverBullets
08-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Did you have any money on the line with your dad? I don't bet with mine anymore, we used to do a bet on who could spot the first deer... He was cheating because he had a really expensive pair of optics. Nothing like getting schooled by the old man. Thanks for the reports

Fish On kokaneekid

No bets anymore here either...I'm just glad he's still able to go fishing and seeing him have a good day is just iceing on the cake.

SeaDog
08-28-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi SB!

Dyed your corn with hummingbird nectar?!!!
NOW That's an original idea!
I'm going to try that! The nectar will sweeten the corn up more, with a little anise for additional scent!

Thanks for the tip!!!!!

SeaDog

Fallriverguy
08-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Good job on some late summer fish. It seems there was no blue-green algea bloom this year. So, have you caught more fish jigging this year?

SilverBullets
08-30-2010, 11:43 PM
Good job on some late summer fish. It seems there was no blue-green algea bloom this year. So, have you caught more fish jigging this year?

I wondered about that...why do you think the bloom never happened this year?? As far as what method caught more fish I think it was a close tie this year. One thing different than years past was the lack of fish at the usual jigging area over by the red slide. That shelf was pretty much void of fish every time we made a pass through there (I think the fish are smarter this year.) Anyway, going between trolling, jigging on the bottom and targeting suspended fish with jigs it seemed if one wasn't producing the other one was...just had to experiment and not waste too much time switching up to another method when things got slow.

Doc_Rhen
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Very nicely done, my dad and I always say whoever shoots a deer or elk, the other one has to field dress it. Well I keep messing that up because I have been getting mine in deep dark holes so I dress them before walking out to get help packing where as dad seems to always seems to get his when I am no more than 100 yards away so I am there dressing his also101duh101.