PDA

View Full Version : Lake Stevens 8-25-2010

asautt
08-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Decided to take one last shot at Stevens for the season. Four or five boats out when I hit the water at 7:30.

Fished the east side, but wasn't marking nearly as many fish as previous outings. It took an hour or so but finally hooked up in the mouth of the NE bay. Probably should have stopped and jigged 'cause at the end of the day all the fish I caught were at that same spot. Eight Kokes on ... four in the boat.... four lost. The first one hit right on top of a way point I had previously maked on my plotter. Six of the eight take downs were within 30 ft of that waypoint and the other two no more than 50 yds away!

Once again every one caught on an Apex. I tried a few different hootchies behind a couple of different dodgers on my second rod for a couple of hours. May as well have been dragging a Big Mac behind a hub cap for all the action I got.

A couple 14 inchers, a 13, and one little 12 inch guy. All bucks. Good day on the water.

Alan

Torres
08-27-2010, 12:12 PM
Nice job Alan, it's nice to read that others have been more successful.

It's been over a month now since i've been on the lake and I need to get back out there..

How's the color holding up on them??

asautt
08-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Nice job Alan, it's nice to read that others have been more successful.

How's the color holding up on them??

Thanks Torres.

Yeah, I sure can't complain about my success on this my first year of targeting Kokes. Just can't figure out why I can't get a hit on anything but my "go to" Apex lures. 101smily101 Tried changing speeds, different leader lengths, different dodgers, different colors of hoothchies, whatever. An Apex at 1.3-1.5 mph is the only way I can get a takedown!

I was surprised to see that the Kokes haven't changed much physically in the last two weeks. The heads are getting a little muddy brown color and they are getting a bit of hook to the jaw. The bigger ones have just a touch of pink to them after I scale them. Not much different from two weeks ago.

Alan