PDA

View Full Version : Plastics in disguise

Pogue
08-25-2010, 12:21 PM
A few more repainted lures. These were given to me by a local bass fisherman who wanted the original shapes in different colors. The "crystal craw" was one that apparently was made by the manufacturer in this lure style, but it was discontinued. He had one on his boat that "someone must have wanted it more than him" (that would suck to take someone out and have things missing) 101bomb101 !! The green one is a color he thought would work well, so he wanted that also.

The first pic is the original that was given to me. The middle lures in the next three pics are the ones that he wanted copied (his son and a couple of his friends saw them, now I have six more I'm doing in these colors). That fine glitter gets everywhere, its all over my driveway!

Kokonuts
08-25-2010, 04:13 PM
You've done it again! worthy12

And those would be GREAT Colors for Kokanee!! 101chromefish101

Kokonuts

Pogue
08-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks! I'm thinking about doin some smaller versions of this and others, who knows, I might even get out next season for the Kokes (I would love to give it a shot).

Full_Monte
08-27-2010, 08:27 AM
You have my admiration. I know nothing about how to do this, and would probably have to take a course on it to do what you do.

Torres
08-27-2010, 11:47 AM
As usual Rob,

excellent job with the repaints..

Richard

Pogue
08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
You have my admiration. I know nothing about how to do this, and would probably have to take a course on it to do what you do.

Thank you, but I think you'd be surprised at what you could do! I have only been using an airbrush for a little over a year now (I hate to say this, but its actually ALOT easier to get good results than it looks)! There is much info online that talks you through the process. I'm getting to the point to where I'd rather paint than build (I still will build - there are a few things I want to try out).

Pogue
08-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanx Richard! Nice avatar pic!

Rob

Bug_Spin_Dokta
09-01-2010, 03:19 PM
are you shooting with acrylic? if so what brand? I been using Createx. Probably the best paint for lures IMHO. Finish it off with DevCon or Envirotex and you have one Vivrant Lure. Awesome repaints by the way.

Pogue
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Thanx!

I have been mainly using Tamiya acrylic paint, but use Createx for a few colors because some of their colors are better. I may start to buy the Createx paints because they come in a larger container and are cheaper.

For the most part, I finish them off with Etex, but on these I used DN topcoat. I haven't used Devcon yet, from what I've read is that it is a bit harder than Etex, so it chips easier. I guess Etex is a little softer and more flexible?

Bug_Spin_Dokta
09-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanx!

I have been mainly using Tamiya acrylic paint, but use Createx for a few colors because some of their colors are better. I may start to buy the Createx paints because they come in a larger container and are cheaper.

For the most part, I finish them off with Etex, but on these I used DN topcoat. I haven't used Devcon yet, from what I've read is that it is a bit harder than Etex, so it chips easier. I guess Etex is a little softer and more flexible?

Createx has some awesome colors. One thing you might wanna try as well is (might sound crazy) Future Floor wax. I did everything RC and Car Models in my younger days and Future Floor Wax was used alot to finish off a paint job.

Pogue
09-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Createx has some awesome colors. One thing you might wanna try as well is (might sound crazy) Future Floor wax. I did everything RC and Car Models in my younger days and Future Floor Wax was used alot to finish off a paint job.

Wouldn't that smell?