PDA

View Full Version : Wh 8/24/10

SeaDog
08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi!

Well!
Rained here in Ct. the last 3 days.
Hoping the rain and cooler nights will turn the Kokes back on to biting.
Last time out, I could see the schools cruising between 30-35 ft.
Yes! They're just starting to turn, but why they shut down is a mystery!
It's like someone thru a light switch to OFF!
Next time out I'm going to try a small "Northland Buckshot rattle jig" or "Blue Fox rattle spoon" with dropper and see if that will attract and annoy them into striking.
Will let you know how it works!

SeaDog

Trout Tracker
08-24-2010, 06:38 PM
What about a daytime trolling bite, have you heard of anything good? Good wx coming after tomorrow.

SeaDog
08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Hi TT!

Sorry! I don't troll for them much and haven't heard lately from any guys that do.

Where I anchor and jig for them -> They're there every night!!!thumbsup

So why burn up gas, having to adjust speed, tend to trolling gear and depth, and hope I run into them.

In my opinion, I get a better fight jigging then trolling. Fish don't have to chase a lure and wear themselves out doing so.

Also the Kokes seem to migrate in schools at night, from where ever they go in the day time.
Lights over the side attract the plankton that they feed on and very easy to mark and fish the depth that they're cruising at.
Plus, it is well known that they don't like the noise from propellers.

Still a lot of FUN! to catch them either way!

Best regards,
SeaDog

Trout Tracker
08-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks. I know the area you are fishin in. Haven't been there this season for the night bite though. Got them earlier in the season trollin. Might have to squeeze in a trip before it's too late.

Kokanee Killer
08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
hey dog the reason they shut down is because their bodies are now going through a major change,, all energy reserves are going towards spawning..they simply stop feeding,, from here on out the fish pretty much strike out of agression and thats my theory and i am stickin too it... i guess rick ran into my buddy on sat nite at wh the bite was pretty slow.. but this is just the nature of the kokanee they are entering a time of transistion now but i have a secret method on how to get strikes this time of yeartongue2

SeaDog
08-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Hi Norm!

Yeah! I have my secret weapon also!101bananna101

1/4 lb. of C-4 molded around a 2 oz. sinker with 5.5 second time delay fuse.101bomb101

Won't even be noticed! -> What with the teenies still setting off fire works around the pond!tooexcited

LOL - LOL - LOL tongue2

Best regards,
SeaDog