PDA

View Full Version : American Lake 08/22/10

kokanee_slayer
08-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Every once in a while you have one of those days when things just don't go right. Well Sunday was one of those days. I've done extremely well at American this year due in large part to the pointers I've received from DB, Kokanee Kid and the rest of the gang.

So first off, I neglected to charge the Fish Finder Battery which went dead after about 10 minutes on the lake which left me blind and unable to properly set trolling speed since I rely on the GPS feature. There was some chop on the water so it was pretty much a crap shoot. By the way, I lost two hoochie setups for various reasons which is more than I have lost the entire season up to this point.

My Brother-In-Law and I ended up keeping six fish but the size wasn't spectacular. We probably hooked 10 and kept two 13 inchers, two 12 inchers and two 9 inch fish which were bleeders.

Oh well, still a nice day on the lake and after all the great trips this year, one can't complain too much about one off day.

eenakoK
08-24-2010, 12:12 AM
I am sorry to hear about your bad day! Dang that Murphy!! I am glad to hear that you have had success this year! I hope there is a lot more success in the coming seasons! Take care,

DB