PDA

View Full Version : Lake Washington Perch Fishing

eenakoK
08-23-2010, 01:04 AM
My kids wanted to get out and fish and being able to hold their own rods. I had heard that the perch were starting to bite so I thought we would try our hand at it.

Even more exciting my little 3 year old's first time fishing. She has been bugging me to get out and I thought I would oblige. To be honest I was excited that she would want to go.

We got onto the lake around 5:00 and we fished till 7:00. We had a lot of bites, a lot of lost fish, in the end we ended up with 17 fish. These are still a little small and I have been told that the bigger fish come out in the next couple of months. I actually have left my boat at my dads house for easier access because I have three little kids begging me to go again. Here are the end results:
More perch to come!!thumbsup

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Fishing/Lake%20Washington/Perch8212010.jpg

Bluknight
08-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Well done Dad! It's great to see the little ones out there slaying fish. Brings back memories of my perch days - eastern US fishing for me but it's all the same perchy!

SilverBullets
08-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Well done sir!! awesomereport

eenakoK
08-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Thank you! My kids had so much fun we are heading out tomorrow. My little girl is even situated with a pink rod/reel. I will post another report with pictures after we get back!

Mudinchev
07-25-2011, 03:42 PM
This was the first week end in over 2 months I haven't been out with my kids on the lake. My son mostly but I got my daughter going a couple of weeks ago, Yale has been kicking out an fish like crazy it was great for her because she doesn't have the patients that my son does. I took a couple of friends out this week end and I have to say I enjoy the excitement of my kids a whole lot more!!
Get em hooked on fishing and there's a better chance they wont get hooked on other things later in life!
101goodpost101

BonkinKokes
07-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah Buddy! Nice work on those perch. Little bit a beer and some pride of the west. Yum. Reminds me of taking my kids to Mercer Lake perch fishing. It doesn't matter what they catch as long as something is tugging on their line.101goodpost101

jeretired
10-30-2011, 03:09 AM
Are there any "good" spots along the shore where sizable perch can be caught on the Lake? I really have to stick to piers or docks to access fish, any pointers for hauling in some of those "keeper-perch" would be greatly appreciated.

Kokanee-Toni
10-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Way to go. Gotta keep the kids into catching!
Did you get your boat fixed?