PDA

View Full Version : A couple of different shapes

Pogue
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
I made these just to see if they could work out. I haven't swan them yet, but maybe I'll fill up the bathtub and get the wet. If I can get them to work out, I'll make some if different sizes (with better paint jobs).

SuperD
08-16-2010, 05:41 PM
They look good. Your challenge will be to be able to duplicate accurately once you find one that will swim straight. Balance will be everything.

SmokeOnTheWater
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Let us all know how they work. What did you carve them from? I hope the screw eyes don't pull out when you hook the BIG ONE!

Pogue
08-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Let us all know how they work. What did you carve them from? I hope the screw eyes don't pull out when you hook the BIG ONE!

I turned these on the lathe from poplar. The eyes are a small swivel epoxied into a hole drilled thru the body - I also hope they don't pull out!

MMDON
08-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Poplar is hugely soft. Why not drill all the way through and run a wire from the eye to the hook?

SmokeOnTheWater
08-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Like Tripple M says, I'd really hate to hear the glue or surrounding wood failed.

Have you considdered rigging them like a "J" plug or maybe even like the Apex lures by running the line directly through them? They will probably have the same action and slide out of the way especially if you're not using a dodger or flasher.

101smily101

Pogue
08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Thats are good idea, I recently just made a few that were like the J-plugs. The first are driect copies, the next I tried to make a canflefish plug, both of these have the line thru the body like the J-plugs.