PDA

View Full Version : East Twin 8/16

huntnfishCT
08-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Took my shot at trolling ET 5:00 to 10:00 Sunday morning. 35 - 40 feet down over 60 - 70 fow.

One setup pulled Rocky Mountan pink and red super squids and spinners tipped with shoepeg behind Luhr Jensen dodgers in Chrome/Silver Disco Tap and Rainbow/Fishscale

The other was wedding ring kokanee killer pulled behind a Luhr Jensen spinner blade.

Of course no chartreuse or green shades in the box!

Tried different combos of everything but no koke hits! Picked up a few small browns here and there.

Talked to another fella out there he was also pulling red/pink shades same results.

Any Litchfield county shops with good selection of koke lures? Nothing at Sanzeries or Mikes in Oakville. Maybe Cabelas or mail order is my only choice.

Fishfinger
08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Ive had far more luck with chartreuse colors for the Kokes. protroll kokanee killers being lure of choice, tomic wee tad in second, then wedding ring style lure, and fishing them behind spinners(lake trolls) instead of dodgers.

I had to order all my koke lures, the protroll kokanee killer from cabelas, and wee tads from Tomic Lures,

Trout Tracker
08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Green was the color this morning for trout and one male koke. 38' down with a silver dodger/green kokanut fly or the chartruese pro trol koke killer behind spinners as Fishfinger said.