PDA

View Full Version : Kokes at Cascade

Kokanee Troller
08-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Spent a week at Cascade at the new Ridgview CG at the Dam, full Hook-ups
really nice, Caught lots of 2-4lb trout and several at 5lbs. But to my surprize
also caught about a dozen Kokes 6-8inch. Trolling at 4 colors using Wed Ring,
Corn. Trolled around the Dam area and around Crown Point, seems the water is deep & cold enough to hold some Kokes, must be last years planting, so
watch-out next year.

kodiak1
08-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Way to go, KT. Several years ago, we hammered the kokanee, fishing on the west side opposite the city ramp. They would be in about 35 feet of water, out from the shore quite a ways. So, sounds like the trout are finally cooperating. May I ask where you found them and how deep? Thanks, and congrats. Mike

Kokanee Troller
08-15-2010, 06:19 PM
We caught trout at the Dam and around Crown Point, about 200 yds from
shore...using W/R and worm, they were 30 ft deep. New C/G was really nice
full hook-ups, lots of beach area for the boat, kids etc.

kodiak1
08-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info. KT. Going to try and make it up there very soon. Yeah, isn't that a nice campground. They did it up right. Did you see the other site they are constructing south of the golf course? I'm not so happy about that one, because it is taking away my winter "drive on the beach" site. Loved that particular site because we could stay in the warm car, listen to the radio, watch our poles, and not worry about the 10 degree temps!! Oh, well. Again, thanks. Mike

Mojo
08-16-2010, 01:07 AM
We caught trout at the Dam and around Crown Point, about 200 yds from
shore...using W/R and worm, they were 30 ft deep. New C/G was really nice
full hook-ups, lots of beach area for the boat, kids etc.

How were the parasites? When Gene and I were up there a couple weeks ago, every single trout we caught was covered with little sea lice looking critters. I am not sure they would hurt you, but they made the fish look pretty unapetizing.

fishslayer13
08-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Sounds like some good trout fishing. Some one up here told me they caught some kokes in there this year.

How is the perch fishing this year ?

Kokanee Troller
08-27-2010, 02:47 PM
How were the parasites? When Gene and I were up there a couple weeks ago, every single trout we caught was covered with little sea lice looking critters. I am not sure they would hurt you, but they made the fish look pretty unapetizing.

Yes, the trout had somekind of parasite, round, about the size of a dime and
brownish...I wonder if Fisg & Game knows about it?

Mojo
08-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Those things have been in that lake for 35 years that I know of. I have just never seen more than a few on a fish at one time. These things were all over them... Once the water cools, things should get better for the fish.