PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake Wa Report

chaltig
08-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Is anyone having luck the last 10 days? I had been doing well night fishing most of the summer but reports from others have been spotty at best. I fished last night in front of Granite Point Store at 32 feet and got skunked. I fished from 9:30 until 11:15. would like to head out tonight so any advice would be great.

sthoge
08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I was there about a week and a half ago, trolled during the day. Got several hits and only landed one fish all day. I did notice that the water was quite warm, so you may want to go to a little deeper water. I saw that someone was out around the north end a couple of weeks ago and did ok. I was seeing the schools hanging out around 40 to 50 feet if that's any indication.

chaltig
08-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the report. I went out with my 9 year old on Saturday night. We didn't get out until around 10:00 and fished the South end near Granite Point. We were at 34 feet and landed 7 fish. 5 were 17-18 inches and 2 were in the 11 inch range. We did have 2 bust off the gear when they saw the net and ran for deeper water. The bite was almost undetectable so you need to be very patient.