PDA

View Full Version : GP:Maiden voyage

BonkinKokes
08-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Going to try GP in the morning. Time to try some new water. If you see an open Willie Predator with a blue stripe doing a fire drill that will be me. Come on over and say hi. We're going to launch at Thistle Creek ramp.

Metal Manipulator
08-12-2010, 02:04 PM
My son is up there today losing way more than he is landing (son I told you to get a handle that is longer than 24"). He call to say they are towing the floating toilets across the lake (please don't sink). I will make a report tonight.

Robin

BonkinKokes
08-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Roger that. Thanks

Metal Manipulator
08-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Jake hooked a lot of fish. The fickle fish went back to liking the Seps watermelon dodger followed by brass spinner blade and green beads. The corn of choice was soaked in tuna oil. He said the fish were uncontrollable at the boat and lost upwards of 40 fish. In the end he only came home with 6 in the cooler. Next tim he will have a net that has a longer handle as 24" is not enough.

DLM
08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
He may also want to play them longer, much easier to net when they are exhausted.

Doc_Rhen
08-13-2010, 07:12 PM
He may also want to play them longer, much easier to net when they are exhausted.

Yea that and what is he using for hooks? I was running a double hook set of #2 dropshots or #4 octopus when I was down there for the derby and had a couple occasions where I just hoisted the fish on the boat when the net man (my 8 and 10 year old kids) missed a couple times. I only had a couple come unbuttoned and most needed pliers to get the hooks out of their mouths after we got them aboard. I certainly have had days when it seemed that I could not keep fish on the hooks but I don't remember a 40-6 day. I certainly agree that a 24" net is a bit short. I am just waiting for the new ones from adventure products to get through production so that I can replace my current 6' rubber net.