PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 'Veni, Vidi, Vici' (I came, I saw, I conquered.)

Kokanee Wizard
08-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Uncle Larry Blue Tiger kicks...

8 fish to 17"
Best Lures: UL blue tiger, then a UL copper pop.
Best Scents: Garlic, Kokanee Special
Best Speed: 1.3 to 1.5
Best Dodger: RMT double sided Bahama Mama, double sided Hyper plaid.

Fished Camanche with Ric aka Kokaneemart Sunday from 6 to noon. We put 8 nice kokes in the box fishing near Little Hat Island.

Started the day with RGT's as it was still a little dark. Didn't put the first fish in the box until around 7. I was starting to wonder if I'd ever figure the lake out.

John Yurkovich, owner of Uncle Larry's Lures called Ric while we were out and said that the UL Blue Tiger worked real well a few days earlier. At that point in time we had one or two fish and I was ready for a change. Within a few minutes 'Fish On'. I finally got into a pattern and put fish in the net every 30 minutes or so.

All in all it wasn't a crazy hot bite but it was pretty consistant with a fish every half hour or so. I think we also had two doubles but I can't remember if we caught both fish each time. Ric pulled a calf muscel around 10. And yes he was jumping up to try to get to a hit-no-stick. He toughed it out for another two hours then we called it a day. Finally after a few trips with just a couple to show I felt I could say "veni, vidi vici"

John, THANKS for the tip. Next time you'll need to join us.

HiTechKoke
08-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Most excellent... good to hear fish were caught and the secret lure was found.

Tks for the report.

Kokanee Wizard
08-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I had to do a follow up trip, just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Fished with TAK and we put 10 in the box by 10:25. Same lures, same everything.

Picture perfect day, but I forgot the camera.
Here's the sink full.
http://home.surewest.net/dennisw1/Pictures/Camanche/Full_sink.jpg

HiTechKoke
08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
It certainly confirms what I saw on the fishfinder. Do you recall what your ratio of females to males caught was? I've been hearing and confirming an over abundance of females which I have typically found is the opposite for me most of the time. Ok no bad jokes here about females and abundance. tooexcited

Kevin

Kokanee Wizard
08-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Kevin,

If I would have known there was going to be a quiz, I would have taken notes. 101justkidding101

As I recall there was only one or two females. At the time I cleaned them I thought that was a bit odd. On my previous outings there were more females, but then I didn't limit out.

Petty4life
08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
nice report101goodpost101awesomereport

DLM
08-12-2010, 10:37 AM
veni, vidi vici?

I think I heard someone order this at Starbucks the other day. 101smilie101

SuperD
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
veni, vidi vici?

I think I heard someone order this at Starbucks the other day. 101smilie101
yeah, that's the large drink, right?