PDA

View Full Version : American Lake 08-08-10

kokanee_slayer
08-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Fished the lake Friday and Sunday.

Friday: The fishing wasn't bad but the wind made it tough. Launched at 5:30 A/M and left after an hour with 3 fish.

Sunday: Launched at 5:30 again and the action was hot until about 7:00 when the bite dropped off. Left with my limit at 9:00.

Although I was marking a lot of fish at the 25 to 29ft range, I got the best hits at about 35ft. I was trolling Pink Splatterback Hoochies behind Slingblade Dodgers with 40ft of line out.

Size wasn't the greatest; caught one 16in fish, three in the 12 inch range and kept one 9in fish that took a hook through the eye.

KOK head
08-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Rite on I was out there friday at 6:30 till 10am I had my limit with in first half hour then picked my buddy up and got his limit to , I lost a few hogs! thanks for the report.

eenakoK
08-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Good job to the two of you! You guys are sure killing it in that lake! I will try to make it out there sometime soon. Thanks for the reports!

Mainelygone
08-09-2010, 04:10 PM
OK you guys have got me fired up to hit American again. By the sounds of it your slaying em. I am going to launch from Ft Lewis and thanks to DB i have spent three paychecks at Sportco. I now also have a downrigger etc any other sugestions.

Mainely

Kokanee Kid
08-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I was there Sunday as well. Good to see you again Mark. Fishing was a bit slower than last weekend, but we got our limits. The best set-up was bahama-mama, pink/clear uv squid with silver blade in front. For bait it was my buddies garlic corn, that's a first for me, and pink gulp maggot. Normaly dna corn does the trick, but not on sunday. No biguns for us, but we had fun. I got to tell ya, I'm loving the tica super ultra light rod's thumbsup

kokanee_slayer
08-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Chuck, it was great to see you again as well. Thanks for the report and glad to hear that you caught your limit!!! Yea, you're right, it was definitely slower Sunday. I'll have to give the Garlic Corn a try.