PDA

View Full Version : Anderson kokes turning?

kodiak1
08-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Just wondering if the Anderson Ranch kokes are starting to turn. We''re heading up Wednesday. I always thought the Anderson fish were late spawners, but when I went on the history of plantings on the F & G site, I noticed that they have been planting all early spawners. Figured some of you might have been up there this weekend, and could shed some light on their condition. Mike

Hardtimes
08-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Was just up there yesterday. we boated 27 and lost about as many but most of the fish that we cleaned where males, and they were still silver.

we where useing fenders gold/silver with red and green weddings tiped with white corn.
average depth was 30 feet to 60 feet in 70 to 80 feet of water.

Hardtimes

Lunddude
08-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the update. I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday. Last year they didn't start turning until the end of the third week of August.

redmanjr1
08-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Last Sunday we went out and most of the 26 we caught showed signs of turning, some more than others. About half were females. All were caught between 25 - 30 feet. Wedding Rings, Assasin Spinners and Pink Hootchies with watermelon, raspberry and UV sling blades did the trick. Have a good trip.

Bob

kodiak1
08-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info, guys, and welcome to the site, Hardtimes. Hope to hear much more from you! Mike