PDA

View Full Version : GP Saturday

Metal Manipulator
08-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Saw the Kid on the lake also. I did manage a Hi there wave in between catching, rigging, steering in the wind. We were in the CRAB LOUI a 20' inboard aluminum jet boat with early 90's Honda 10hp kicker.

We launched at 6 am and fished until 5pm. Tried about 20 different combinations and the best was the 6" Sling blade UV pink herring bone. Following the Sling blade was a small curly tale in pink threaded on the line and two glow beads on top. Corn soaked in Kokanee Special or Tuna oil with green UV dye were the best . I think it would be an interesting science experiment on why when fishing all the same gear one rod on one side of the boat catches 75% of the fish especially when your running the trolling motor. We fished in the dam area at a depth of 45 to 65 ft. progressively as the day went on and using the sonar to tell us where they were in the water column. The wind did not get too bad in the afternoon but we did put out the drift socks to control the speed which allowed us to slow to .8 mph and then speed back up to 1.4. most of the fish came when we slowed down which is just the oposit, normally they hit when we speed up to 1.2/1.4. We tried a couple of hoochies and still can't get the Koke's to take them.

We ended the day with 36 nice Koke's and 2 smaller ones for a total of 38 fish. My friend Tom was ecstatic with the numbers of fish. Someday I will catch as many as the KID.

Here are the fish minus the ones that My friend Tom took with him.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=154&pictureid=1303

redmanjr1
08-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow, nice haul Metal!! Is GP Green Peter? With the size of those fish I'd love to hit that water some time.

Bob

Metal Manipulator
08-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Yes it Green Peter. I like the fact that most of the skiers use the upper end of the lake, While most of the fishing is done at the dam. I would say however that with the fish changing thier looks that they will be staging at the creeks at which they will be spawning.

SilverBullets
08-09-2010, 11:50 AM
What a haul! Great report and picture...thanks for sharing!thumbsup

BonkinKokes
08-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Wow, those are some big kokes. How long were those chrome rockets?

Metal Manipulator
08-09-2010, 08:50 PM
They were up to 16" and nice and fat.