PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry 08/07/10

Icehole69
08-08-2010, 10:51 AM
A word of caution to all of you that use Crawfish or minnow traps. On Saturday 08/07/10 a friend of mine and I placed three traps on the eastern side of strawberry bay in a small cove in about 20’ of water that could only be accessed by boat and went out fishing for Kokes, we checked on the traps occasionally to make sure they had not been moved, well a very bad storm came in including wind that the fish and game said reached 70 plus MPH, there was driving rain and sleet, as the storm was coming in we headed back to the marina to wait it out. After about 45 minutes the storm cleared and we headed back out. We immediately headed over to our traps to make sure they were still in place, they were there and fine, so we again trolled in the Strawberry bay area for kokes and cutts, never leaving Strawberry bay, after about an hour or two we headed back over to our traps, well someone not a sportsman had stolen our traps, Now I am not concerned about the cost of the traps, its not about the money, hell I don’t even care about the minnows or the crawfish that could have been in the traps, its about THEFT!! Are traps so costly that a person has to steal them right out from under your nose? We thought we were close enough to the traps not to worry about them, apparently we were wrong, so to the person that took our traps, I wish you nothing more then a visit from KARMA. As for the fishing it was pretty slow, caught a few Kokes, and a few cutts and even two chubs, tried everything in the box from Kokonuts, Hoochies (in every color ) and wedding rings, Biggest cutt going about 4 Lbs, the biggest Koke was around 2.5 Lbs, with a little color starting. Most fish were caught in the 25-35’ range. Speed was 1.6-1.8 MPH.

jekern1015
07-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Man that sucks, I guess lowlifes are everywhere now.

SmokeOnTheWater
07-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Sorry about the traps!

If you can catch kokes out of the Berry, you're doin somethin right!

Thanks for the report!