PDA

View Full Version : Chinook in Lake Merwin

joruuu
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Have been catching a few 8" chinook in Lake Merwin lately, and was wondering about the history of these fish. When cleaning them, their reproductive organs were very immature. Are these fish stocked in this lake or do they spawn after 3 or 4 years? How long have they been in the lake? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mark McWillis
08-06-2010, 05:24 PM
We caught some also but slightly larger at around 10"-11". They don't fight as hard as the Kokes and aren't nearly as slimy. Flesh is MUCH paler.

king koke
08-06-2010, 10:46 PM
We caught some also but slightly larger at around 10"-11". They don't fight as hard as the Kokes and aren't nearly as slimy. Flesh is MUCH paler.

I have cought fish with a difference in flesh color and the only thing I could come up with is the paler of the two were the stockers :confused::confused. I had no idea there were nooks in there. tooexcited. give richard a shout out for me if you see him signfishin

Mark McWillis
08-07-2010, 01:31 PM
King Koke,

The ones we caught had a lot of spots on their backs and, of course, black gums and tongues. I'm curious how they came to be there, as well, and if they stay there all the time. If so, we should be trolling 2 rods for Kokes and 2 more, deeper, with Rapalas, for the 'Nooks. Makes ya wonder.....

101chromefish101

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the BIG fish I lost yesterday was a Koke at all? May have been a bigger "Nook.....

BonkinKokes
08-07-2010, 04:59 PM
I caught one last year. When I laid the net down in the boat I immediatelly noticed it looked different. It was a 16" football. Its the biggest fish I have caught in Merwin to date. I hear guys say they catch kokes up to 18" but I've never seen one. Our biggest koke this season from Merwin has been 14.25". My buddy Larry got that about a month or so ago. He did his darnest to make it stretch to 14.50"