PDA

View Full Version : Overtime Fishing @ GP 07/31/10

kokaneekid
08-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Overtime Fishing @ Green Peter 07/31/2010

If kokanee fishing was a full time job for me, yesterday I would have worked some OVERTIME! I had invited two really good friends from work, Dave & Terri Kunz, to join my wife and me for a day of fishing at Green Peter. The reports haven’t been red hot but I figured I could scratch out a limit or two if I had too. The number I had in my head had been fifty; I should have said twenty five. I never found that lucky combination that was on fire, and something that seemed like a winner would turn off in the blink of an eye. I managed to get my fifty fish but we had to work hard and with only a hand full of doubles and triples I had plenty of time to talk and eat good food with great company. A blue UV Shasta Tackle Sling Blade mixed with a Watermelon Apex, was my only consistent combination, and I was using that combo in 60 feet of water, at 1.5 mph. I fished most of the lake, and the only place I saw really big numbers was close to the dam. The fish are BIG, and FAT with lots of fight, and even though that was the best day of fishing that my friends have ever had, I wish I could have found a more productive spot in the lake.

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

Lip Ripper
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
How many hours did you fish,and how many poles? That's still a lot of fish I found them pretty well schooled up by the Island Wednesday. Two of us fished 6 hours with 1 pole each and landed 40 and lost at least 20. Same two flashers and same two spinners all of the time. signfishin101chromefish101

I have always said is its not so much what you fish with but how you fish with it. Good luck fishing

kokaneekid
08-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I have always said is its not so much what you fish with but how you fish with it. Good luck fishing

I'll keep that in mind next time I go fish Lip Ripper.... 101chromefish101

I have always said, "It's not how many fish you say you caught, but how many fish you take a picture of." There is a old Chinese proverb that says, "A picture is worth more than a thousand words"...

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

John Ward
08-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I'll keep that in mind next time I go fish Lip Ripper.... 101chromefish101

I have always said, "It's not how many fish you say you caught, but how many fish you take a picture of." There is a old Chinese proverb that says, "A picture is worth more than a thousand words"...

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

So, if I don't post pics with my report it's just b.s.? Not that what you believe or don't believe matters.
Btw, I've seen a few pics posted that I don't believe.

kokaneekid
08-02-2010, 01:35 AM
So, if I don't post pics with my report it's just b.s.? Not that what you believe or don't believe matters.
Btw, I've seen a few pics posted that I don't believe.

I don't remember saying that, but I do hope all the pictures & reports I've posted from every fishing trip I've taken this year weather it be a good trip or bad trip are worth while.

Fish On kokaneekid

eric71m
08-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Way to go yet agian

worthy12