PDA

View Full Version : Anderson

kodiak1
07-31-2010, 09:45 PM
My wife and I hit A.R. this A.M., and boated 30 nice fish by noon. Action was steady the whole time. 25 and 35 were the hot depths. Shasta Sling Blade and a RK pink UV hootchie worked great, as did a Jack Lloyd and weddin ring. Slow troll at about 1.0 seemed best. No signs of turning. Mike

Lunddude
08-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Sounds like you guys had another good day of fishing at Anderson. Thanks for the report Mike & say Hi to Kali for me.

DowntownBrowns
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
So if a feller were to up there and go after some of those kokes, what ramp would you suggest he load in at?

Lunddude
08-01-2010, 09:29 PM
It depends on where your coming from. If your coming from the Boise area you could put in down by the dam. Most people coming from the east put in at Curlew because you could start fishing for them as soon as you leave the dock.

redmanjr1
08-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Mike thanks for the Anderson info you sent me as well as the LP info. We hit Anderson this morning and did pull in 26 fish but I think we had to work a little harder for ours. We lost many in the beginning and couldn't quite find the right depth until about 0930 to 1000. After that it was a frenzy. My dad was down here from the Moscow area and we had a blast. Thanks again. The wedding ring was the top performer on the downrigger as well as a chart. Assassin Spinner. The pink hootchie only seem to work on the one rod I used a jet diver on (no downrigger for that pole). For a while it outperformed the wedding ring. Used your tip for the "nectar" and worked very well. Most of the fish were at least slightly mottled and are definitely gearing up for the spawn. We plan to hit LP some time this week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

BTW, I found that store in Meridian you told us about. Great little place and the people are very nice. The owner told me that they may be moving to a bigger space in the near future but would be within 3 blocks of the current location. Thanks again for your advice and hope to see you on one of these lakes sometime in the near future.

Bob