PDA

View Full Version : gorge on 7/25

jekern1015
07-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I fished out of the Anvil Draw boat ramp towards the pipeline. Fished on the east side north of the pipeline. I managed to catch 2 koke's and land one. The first one caught was when the Wyoming fish and game came to check on me. Truth be told they were the ones that informed me that it looked like I had a fish on. I lost it about 10' behind the boat, it was caught on a pink kokanut. The second fish came in on a rainbow serpent spoon. I saw a lot of fish on the finder but they didn't like what I was offering, either that or I stunk to bad. The sockeye slayer juice didn't help as both fish were caught without it. I am starting to realize that I just don't have the smarts to catch these koke's. That was my third trip this year and my first koke. I may need to hire someone to teach me the right way to catch kokeanee. I have attended a few seminars trying to learn but apparently the short between my earlobes is bigger than I thought.

Capt. Pete
08-21-2010, 07:07 PM
With those koke marks you describe, get rid of the trolling hardware and vertical jig Crippled Herrings or Kandlefish in the 1/2 & 3/4oz sizes, if you have a calm drift. Hot pink is a good start. Follow the zigzag pattern of the jig down to just above the fish mark then use easy 1-2 ft rod lifts. Mike Hall, from Ogden, set 5 line world records jigging the Crippled Herring in this manner. You'll save fuel, hear nature and will experience the feel of a strike on a hand-held rod. Best...Pete