PDA

View Full Version : Columbia River (Brewster) 7.23.2010

eenakoK
07-25-2010, 02:09 PM
With all the Sockeye heading up the Columbia, we thought we would go to Brewster and try it out. We left my dads house in N. Seattle at midnight. We were heading up Highway 2 and had counted about 20 deer along the highway. I started to slow down for fear of hitting a deer. Just as I slowed down and came around a corner, a deer was running across the road. The boat trailer fender was hit by a deer. We stopped to make sure everything was OK.

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Brewster/photo1.jpg

We continued onward and arrived at Brewster around 3:50am. I was amazed at the amount of boat trailers already there. We got to the mouth of the Okanagan River along with everyone else and started making tons of fish. The fishing was not as hot as I would have thought with the amount of fish that we saw on the screen. We had a total of 14 fish on for the day, but with different circumstances, we ended the day with 3 fish. Here are two of the Sockeye..

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/dlbutterfield/Brewster/photo.jpg

When we do this trip again, we will defiantley make it a 2 day trip. leaving at midnight, driving close to 4 hours, fishing for 8, driving 4 more back is a little tiring. We are going to plan it out a little better and fish some other areas in the afternoon. It was a great time with the boys and my dad!

MackPrince
07-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Sounds like a tiring but eventful day.

Let's hope the run forecast is right on. That will make for some good fishing for the next few weeks.

eenakoK
07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
The amount of fish I saw on the screen was amazing. There was a lot of netting going on so it should be interesting to see how that affects it. We will be going back next year if there is a season. Next fishing for me is Lake Sutherland.

KOK head
07-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow sound like a real long day ! good to see you got into some fish.

SilverBullets
07-28-2010, 01:07 AM
101goodpost101Your right about the deer up that way...used to see alot going up to the Omak/Republic area.