PDA

View Full Version : Lil Guy Lures

Kokonuts
07-24-2010, 05:08 PM
1805 I use the 2 tough leaders. The lure on the left is the Origional made by Jim Maxwell of "Grizzly" Tackle Co. In the 1970's. They were made for Steelhead, they have a Frantic Wiggle & Wobble which also makes them perfect for Kokanee. The lure is 1 1/2" long.

1806 This one is my favorite! They were all painted by Rob Jackson, "Pouge" on the KFF forum!

1809 These are the ones Rob painted for me! I want to say thanks again to him for doing such a great job!

Petty4life
07-24-2010, 05:54 PM
looks goodworthy12

SuperD
07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
I'm glad those garage sale lures are going to good use!

oldguysrule
07-26-2010, 07:19 AM
where can I buy the leaders.101goodpost101

Bduck
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
I have the 2 tough leaders also. You can get them threw Topfuelkokanee on this forum. Him & his father have a business, GDF-Good Day Fishing. I've got my stash of them for the season. Its nice having them when you have to repair some tackle. Quick & easy. Roger

Kokonuts
07-26-2010, 09:18 AM
The leaders are from "Good Day Fishing" one of our sponsors!

gooddayfishing.com

Be sure to tell Wayne where you saw them! Hes always ready to talk about fishing and he has some great products!

Kokonuts...........signfishin

Pogue
07-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanx Kokonuts! Have they done any good for you? Here is a pic of the one I kept.

Rob

SilverBullets
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Hey Kokonuts...just got done adding a hoochie to the front of one of your Lil Guy lures. The kokes don't stand a chance this year!!thumbsup

SuperD
02-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I'll give ya a buck if that thing swims. laugh hyst

Kokonuts
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Bullets, Looks good .....I think!
Have you tried gluing a Hoochie on a Spin & Glow? They really work at Lake Merwin!

Kokonuts........tooexcited

SilverBullets
02-01-2011, 10:13 PM
I"ll give it a try just to see what kind of action it produces...rigged up one without a hoochie also. thumbsup

Kokonuts
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
Bullets....One more thing, try clipping off part or all of 1 wing on the S&G. It will give it a crazy action!

Kokonuts

kelson
02-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Pogue....nice job on the paint. I just dug an old Pasche air brush out of moth balls and order some createx paint, etc. I'm looking forward to playing around with it. I may need some pointers if you don't mind.
I'm relatively new to the site so "hi all".
I have experimented with wee tads with little luck. I get most of my fish on home made WRs and hooch's. If anyone has any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong with the plugs....I'll listen.

Thanks, K

Pogue
02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks Kelson! I'm by no means an expert at airbrushing having just started playing around with it within the last two years, but if you have any ?'s, post them and I'm sure you will get alot of help from the fellow members here. We are all here to learn something new (at least I am).

Rob

kelson
02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks Pogue. I played around with some transparent Createx colors on spinner blades and dodger blanks yesterday with some success. I put the trans color on the bare metal after a light rub down with 600 grit and acetone. They look great but the coating is quite fragile. I followed the directions of doing several light coats but it still is easy to scratch. I applied some gloss clear enamel after that and it seemed to help a bit. I'm using the air cans for now but they are a hassle.....freezing up, etc. I have a pancake compressor that should work if I get a good regulator and water filter.
I get the sense you are in Wa. Where do you fish?

K

Pogue
02-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks Pogue. I played around with some transparent Createx colors on spinner blades and dodger blanks yesterday with some success. I put the trans color on the bare metal after a light rub down with 600 grit and acetone. They look great but the coating is quite fragile. I followed the directions of doing several light coats but it still is easy to scratch. I applied some gloss clear enamel after that and it seemed to help a bit. I'm using the air cans for now but they are a hassle.....freezing up, etc. I have a pancake compressor that should work if I get a good regulator and water filter.
I get the sense you are in Wa. Where do you fish?

K

Are you using acrylic paint? If so, let it dry completely then spray on a thin coat of clear to prevent scratches until you clear coat them. Acrylic paint is very fragile until its coated.

If you can, get a compressor that has a large tank, and a pressure regulator so you can dial it down. This will prevent a pulsing spray in the air brush when your compressor is running.

Mainly I fish in the salt for salmon - Puget Sound MA 10, 9, and 8's. I plan on starting to fish more of the lakes in the area for trout and also try out Koke's. Post some pics of some when you get them done!!

kelson
02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Pogue, Thanks for the tips. It is acylic base paint. I'm not proud enough of them to do any posting quite yet. I plan to get a regulator and filter for my compressor and see how that works. I too fish much in the salt.... usually launching at Shilshole, but do occassionally launch out of Everett. What type of vessel are you in? We have most likely crossed wakes out there. What a great King year last season! Coho wasn't good for many, but I managed my share.
I do love Koks however. The May/June timing gets me tuned up for salmon and damn to they taste good. PM me if you would like a boat ride some time.

Thanks again,
K