PDA

View Full Version : Green Peter 2010

Cannon
07-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Had a great time at GP yesterday. The lake is still red hot. Hot lure of the day was a Mack's UV Glow wedding ring behind a Vance's copper and purple spot UV dodger. Unfortunately I hooked it up for my friend and didn't have the heart to take it away from him after his first ten fish... I ended up catching him, but he was holding his own with only one rod while i was fishing two.

kokaneekid
07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the report.... Sounds like a great trip....101goodpost101

Fish On kokaneekid

kokaneekid@live.com

DLM
07-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Fished this morning, lures in the water at 0545. Pink glow sling blades and pink glow hootchies were the ticket at first as usual, five fish and one toss back in the first hour. It started slowing down then and switched one rod to orange. Both still produced but not like I wanted. Switched one rod to a hot pink with white tail tube and a uv sling blade and that got their attention. Ran this combo on both rods and got finished by 1030.

All this was towards the dam, middle of the lake at 55 feet, 1.1 - 1.2 mph.

Met a constant parade of wake boats on my way down the hill, glad I could get out of there early today.

Bullitt
07-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Fished from the 22nd to the 25th. 40 to 50 feet of depth around the island was where I did best. UV sling blade was the best producer for me with an assortment of hoochies. Got a few on some R&K spinner rigs when things would slow later in the morning. A buddy boat did well with ford fenders and a wedding ring thurs and fri. Bite was pretty hot first thing in the AM and died off by 9 or 10 every day for me. 1.5 to 1.8 mph seemed to work better for me.

Played, hung out at camp with friends and enjoyed the scenery the rest of the day. Got enough fish in the mornings that I didn't need to fight the wind in the afternoon.