PDA

View Full Version : Wallowa report 7-11 thru 7-14

TBtoad
07-21-2010, 06:37 PM
We fished Wallowa for four days last week. There was three boats and we all caught fish. Some caught more than others. My brother and I kept 7 fish for the four days and the avg wt was about 2.5 lbs. One of the other boats on the 1st day caught 7.2 lb and a 5 lb kokanees and several other that were over three lbs. The other boat over the four days caught 2 fish over 5 lbs and several over 2 lbs. The best day of the trip as far as I was concerned was when my friends nine yr old grandson caught a koke over 5 lbs. He never stopped smiling the rest of the trip.
We caught every fish on an Uncle Larry's orange spinner or orange assasains all tipped with corn. We used Shasta tackle large sling blades in silver with the eye. We found out that if we used leaders at least 18 inches long behind the sling blades we did better than the shorter one we use at other lakes.
Can't wait until next year.
My friend is supposed to post some pictures of our trip.
Thanks
TBtoad

TopFuelKokanee
07-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the report. I made there last year and we had a great time. Such a beautiful place...and of course the fishing speaks for itself. Look forward to seeing your pictures. 101goodpost101

sawdustsavage
07-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I finaly figured out this wifi thing thanks for the report. I have had a tech nightmare. Fishfinder temp probe black box all on the fritz...sofar that records safe. Well until morning atleast. It's all good tho.Pretty place nice folks. Lifes good

sthoge
07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I finaly figured out this wifi thing thanks for the report. I have had a tech nightmare. Fishfinder temp probe black box all on the fritz...sofar that records safe. Well until morning atleast. It's all good tho.Pretty place nice folks. Lifes good

Hey John,
Thanks again for taking my brother and I fishing. I wish I had more time there, I could have helped you figure out what was going on with the electronics. Anyway, Good luck and I hope you get some big ones...

sawdustsavage
08-01-2010, 10:59 PM
It was my pleasure. I learned alot this trip. I think the results will be diffrent next time. Had a blast, met lots of good people and saw some lovely country. All in all it was all good.I felt bad about you guys buying a 2 day license for that little fishing. Maybe a longer time nextime.

jtravis2
08-02-2010, 12:10 AM
He was referring to my Grandson, with the big smile, he was right you couldn't wipe that smile off if you had to. My 39 year old son caught the biggest fish of the week, 27" 7.2lb koke and you couldn't wipe the smile of his face either. What an opportunity to spend the week with good friends and experience your son and Grandson catch 2 of the biggest fish, WOW! Did I mention my Koke was 5.2lb? A trip I will never forget. Here are some pictures.

jtravis2
08-02-2010, 12:12 AM

1857Enjoy!

jtravis2
08-02-2010, 12:13 AM

jtravis2
08-02-2010, 12:18 AM

That all folks. If you get a chance Wallowa Lake is worth the trip.

sawdustsavage
08-02-2010, 07:59 PM
101goodpost101Glad you did well. It's sure a pretty place. I just got back from three weeks there. Kokanee gods didn't smile on me too much. I caught several fish each day but only 2 good ones. I had a major electronics problem. Nothing worked. Fish finder ,Black box, Temp. Probe. Pretty much putting around blind. Had a ball anyway. met a lot of nice folks. learned lots. All in all it was great. Just drove the barb in my Koke habit. They will pay next time. ;~) I was a bit dissapointed at not meeting any of the local members there. They must have been busy or affraid to get near the wild toon. It was the firstime I had it in the water. After the first time things went well. First week and a half my grandson was with me. We played more than fished. He's 12 and likes his sleep. I never push fishing on him. He fisheslotsand I din't want to turn him off to fishing. Most days we fished an hour or 2 in the eve. He had a good time and thats what counts.
Is the fishing any good at Wallowa in the end of august? I dont know if I can go but if it were decent I would like to try a couple of days with a fish finder. I think that would help alot. especially for a rookie like myself.
I appreciate the pics. I knew they were there just a matter of finding and enticing them. Good Job
John

jtravis2
08-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks John. This was our first time fishing Wallowa Lake so I'm not sure how the fishing would be in August. If you do go let us know how you did.
Jim