PDA

View Full Version : Next week

smokepoles
07-20-2010, 10:56 AM
We will be at the Gorge this coming Sunday July 25 for a few days fishing, and hopefully some catching. Any advice on maximizing the koke catching would be appreciated signfishin

In addition to the kokes we want to give burbot a try just for the new experience.

As in the past, we will be staying and docked at Buckboard although I have headed to cautions given. I agree that perhaps not the most friendly bunch, but we have had no problems albeit minimal interactions.

Anyone else going to be out then?

Tight lines to all.

D-Weed
07-21-2010, 03:47 AM
smokepoles, Propnut and myself, were out the 15th, and my nephew and I were out on the 19th, most of our fishing and catching was done south of Holmes Crossing on the west side of the lake. Caught plenty of fish both trips, but small ones, I've heard farther south is the place to be, Anvil Draw and the Pipeline?. Havent made it that far yet, but thats the plan for the next outing, anyways GOOD LUCK.

aquatek
07-21-2010, 02:33 PM
we fished both east anvil and the pipe line this weekend east anvil we caught fish but it was so crowded you could walk form boat to boat

the pipeline was slower fishing but we did manage to catch a few 3#ers

SmokeOnTheWater
07-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Headed there tomorrow for the BUSY weekend but won't be able to post a report until Sunday evening at the earliest. Probably too late for you and yours? If you want, PM me and we'll exchange phone numbers and we can discuss my weekend success!

halojm
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Hey Tom
I'll be up at Lucerrne this weekend also along with Mark and a few others. Looks us up. It's been hot fishing the last few weeks and starting to get into some 4 plus regularly.

SmokeOnTheWater
07-22-2010, 12:46 AM
Great Rob! I'll try and hail you on the KFF Channel 20 or the regular standby channel 16. The wife and I will probably start out at or near Anvil Draw. We're planning on staying at Lucerne too if there's room (no reservation). Netboy is also trying to get up there as well but has yet to obtain his kitchen pass.laugh hyst

Kokaholic
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Yes, I will be there also staying at Lucerne at the marina with my friend on his boat, We will be on Straight arrow private dock. Fishing up around the Anvil area also. I know that Brown bear will also be up there to this weekend. Last I talked with Netboy he was not sure. Guess will see what happens.

Lets have a fun, safe weekend. I know that the troops will be inforce on Saturday checking boats and for BUI, make sure your boat is all ready and wait to drink a cold one when your back off the water.

Mark

SuperD
07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
I know that the troops will be inforce on Saturday checking boats
Mark, you got my dandruff up all over again. After getting my Utah and Wyoming permits I wasn't talked to or checked once while we fished the Gorge last week. The funny thing was we were stopped in Idaho and inspected and we didn't even fish in Idaho. This is all tongue in cheek stuff but I would have like to show my nicely laminated launch permit and boat sticker.

Propnut69
07-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Mark, you got my dandruff up all over again. After getting my Utah and Wyoming permits I wasn't talked to or checked once while we fished the Gorge last week. The funny thing was we were stopped in Idaho and inspected and we didn't even fish in Idaho. This is all tongue in cheek stuff but I would have like to show my nicely laminated launch permit and boat sticker.

Come on back Dave, I know a couple fishcops personally. I can fix it so they check your boat every hour on the hour. Just so you will feel special.thumbsup

Bduck
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Come on back Dave, I know a couple fishcops personally. I can fix it so they check your boat every hour on the hour. Just so you will feel special.thumbsup
Are you a cop magnet Tim? When I'm not around you, I don't see any cops. laugh hyst signfishin

Propnut69
07-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Are you a cop magnet Tim? When I'm not around you, I don't see any cops. laugh hyst signfishin

Not me Rodger,,,,I tend to try and stay off their radar............We had a rookie fishcop here a few years ago.I swear he waited for me to hit the water,and here he would come. It's all good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just didn't want Dave to feel left out while he was here.laugh hyst

Brown bear
07-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Well we went out for a couple hours, got 5. Three over 3# biggest was 3.10#. All of the bigger fish were on 5.5"RMT dodgers with green squids.

Kokaholic
07-24-2010, 11:56 PM
As i type this it is 9:46 pm while I'm siping a cocktail at lucerne marina, nicd day, tons of folks, swim beach looks like WAlmart the day after thanksgiving! Cops are out in force, lifeflight is busy as heck up here, fishing has been slow for me, my biggest today was a 3.0 today and a 4.2 Friday, gonna hit it again in the morning, did Iention there is a ton of people up here!

Tons of fish in the canyons, lots of kokes in horse shoe, nice bows up to 14 to 16 inches in the head of Carter creek,

Hit them early, shutin of by 9:00 to 10:00 when all the boats Get on the water and push th out

hopefully the morning will be nice with no W and fish biting, i hate the full moon we are having up here!101chromefish101

Bduck
07-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Didn't do the Gorge this weekend but you can see the cops are out doing there best to make it safe for everyone here in the cities. Can't go a day without lifeflight around here. The full moon seems to always bring out the best in some of us. 101ok101 Will be looking fwd to your reports Mark on how you did all in all. Being safe is whats it all about.

Brown bear
07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Well fishing was good did manage 2 over 4#. We did not fish prime times but were able to catch fish consistentley in the heat. Lots over 3#.used same dodgers all weekend.squid color was important used green one day yellow one day and one that looks like a ice cream with three colors. (Rob, Mark little help with names.)
Good luck next week I'll be taking it off.

halojm
07-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Well if the +ice cram_ color is the one you were telling me about it is called Rainbow Glow. I used it this weekend also and did well on Saturday morning. Lost one of my new rigger wights that I got from coldfooter due to mental error. It happens when you get old I guess. Anyway need to get another. Thinking of trying pancake weights. I've heard good things about them. Too bad they are ugly to look at. But it they caught fish and run true who cares. I can alway hide it when not in use. I'm also off next week due to TDY schedule, but will be back in two weeks.

justfish
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
me and the wife went up to buckboard fri, sat and sunday didn't get to fish on friday because someone sent the (w) word up here but hit it at 7:00 am sat (late start) we hit the fish right off the101chromefish101 bat fish till 1:00 and called it a day (biggesh fish of the day 3.4 ) sun hit the water at 6:00am caught first fish at 6:10 fished till 9:30 (biggest fish 3.14 ) had a great time no cops not to many people catch about 60 fish in two dayssignfishin

Brown bear
07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks Rob, go with the pancakes they rock!!

Kokaholic
07-26-2010, 01:51 PM
My report is about the same as brown bear and Robs. Lots of small fish. Like I said earlier, My biggest was teh 4.2 and some nice threes. Once the boats converged in, the fish had other plans and it would slow down.

Yes, The old rainbow glow is a great standby and will always produce fish. Green worked well for me this week to. My best depth was 56 feet.

Good luck to all this next week. I'm working on a nother trip soon. Will let you all know how that one turns out.101chromefish101

halojm
07-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Pancakes it will be. cause I'm not paying the price cannon wants for their keel balls. With pancakes there is enough room on the keel that I can write messages to the fish and hopefully increase this years catch rate. Can koks read?????????laugh hyst

CurlysLures
07-26-2010, 10:37 PM
We had a similar situation happen to us too. lol. When we bought our boat there were 2 pancake weights that the previous owner used at Lake Michigan stashed away in a bin and when the emergency arose we used one. Needless to say I am liking them and probably will keep running those bright red things. There is enough room on them too sell advertising space.

Brown bear
07-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Fish cant read. And they are not very good market base.

halojm
07-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Think I'll still write them a nice note just to be on the safe side.101idea101

Propnut69
07-27-2010, 06:27 PM
I fished last Friday also,,I was fishing just across from anvil ,as was just about everyone else on the lake. Like Mark said all that was being caught there was little ones. So I headed up to Ray's cliffs across from squaw hollow boat ramp. Managed to pull three real nice kokes out of there,and there was not a single other boat within eye sight. I think the lack of any pressure in that area was a contributing factor. It's kind of funny speaking of ice cream,my best lure of the day, was a rainbow spoon. As usual the "w" hit up there about 1pm so called it day,and spent about a hour talking to the female biologist that was doing the boat inspections. A very nice woman ,it turns out i know her dad,and her hubby works where I used to work. They just bought a new boat,and was excited about getting out and trying to catch some kokes. I told her everything I knew about it,that took a whole five minutes. Going to try it again sometime this week.

oldguysrule
07-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Halojm, PM this guys he has some keel weights for sale. they seem to work good for me. And the price is right also. PM or email: TSThompson@usa.com. Hope that helps. Bill

Bduck
07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
I have heard alot of good about the pancake weights. Been tempted to get a set myself. I can always put on them 'Here Fishy, Fishy' laugh hyst