PDA

View Full Version : Friday July 19 - Lake Stevens

Torres
07-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Dropped the wife off at work and headed North for another shot at Stevens.

This will be the 4th trip to the lake in under a month and every time I head out I feel a little more confident that today I will hook up with a 101chromefish101.

The morning clouds made this Friday morning much more pleasureable as it made some (not all) of the fair weather skiers and jets stay home a little later.

Unfortunately for me though the fish still didn't want to cooperate with my offerings.
Trolled a chartreuse kokanee killer behind a chrome with silver prism dodger.
>> a red hot shot behind the the same dodger.
>> Tandem pink and tinsel flies dipped in kokanee fuel / anise oil behind a green dodger or a brass dodger with red prism.
>> Some flies tied in the shape of corn with the same oil mixture dodger setups and still no takes.

Depths trolled varied...30 to 60 in 80-100 feet of water depending on where I spotted fish.

The only difference in strategy I made for this day was the area I trolled, which was mostly the easterly side of the lake (never fished before).

Side note: I noticed that there aren't as many schools in this area as the westerly side probably because of the lakes shallower contours.

Overall it was nice to relax on the water for a couple of hours before starting on the weekend chores.....

Richard

eenakoK
07-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Good luck on getting that Kokanee landed. I have never fished Stevens so I can't help with any advice. Keep it up and I am sure you will be successful eventually. At least it is nice just to get out!!
Thanks for sharing with us!!