PDA

View Full Version : Riffe Lake?

Kokonuts
07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
I stoped by the Tackle shop in Woodland and was talking about Merwin when they asked if I had been up to Riffe Lake. They had heard several reports of people getting Kokes in the 18-20" range.

Soooo I am wondering if any one here has been fishing at at Riffe Lake and what size fish are you getting.

Thanks for the info!.........signfishin.....Kokonuts

Kokanee Kid
07-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Just so ya know, Riffe does not have kokanee thay are land locked coho. I have not been for about a month. Then it was HOT!!!! One trip we started with a tripple followed by five doubbles signfishin

My buddie was just there a week ago or so, fishing had slowed a bit. Most fish he was getting were 15"-17". I'd say go get-em tooexcited

Just remember it's a BIG lake, if the wing gets to blowing it can get nasty.

Kokonuts
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Kid, Thanks for the info!
I had heard that there wasnt any kokanee in Riffe but lots of Coho. The guys in Woodland were sure that they were Kokanee But they had never fished the lake, only reporting what someone else had said! laugh hyst
I still want to get up to that Lake and give it a shot sometime soon! Do you fish for them like you would for Kokannee ?

Kokonuts...signfishin

eenakoK
07-23-2010, 02:33 AM
Yes, fish for them just like Kokanee. I used 5.5 bahama mama digress with double glow pink squid. It was a lot of fun.. If you can hide away from the wind. Good luck if you go!!

Kokanee Kid
07-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Yep, kokanee rigs will work just fine. We used pink mini squid most of the time, pink wedding ring works. I also used pink apex and it caught fish. Last outing my buddie swiched to a pearl/white mini squid and fish on! For bait we used cocktail shrimp, put them in the microwave for :30-1:00 will make them tougher.

Torres
07-23-2010, 08:05 PM
For bait we used cocktail shrimp, put them in the microwave for :30-1:00 will make them tougher.

Mmmmmm..
Shrimp.........

Now you're making me hungrytongue2

mwcfish4life
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Just so ya know, Riffe does not have kokanee thay are land locked coho. I have not been for about a month. Then it was HOT!!!! One trip we started with a tripple followed by five doubbles signfishin

My buddie was just there a week ago or so, fishing had slowed a bit. Most fish he was getting were 15"-17". I'd say go get-em tooexcited

Just remember it's a BIG lake, if the wing gets to blowing it can get nasty.
just to let you know< riffe does to have kokenee(sockeye) in it.

BobW
01-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Check the other thread on Riffe lake, no kokes period. Some people call a Koke a silver trout, but it is still a Sockeye.

There are no land locked Sockeye in Riffe lake.