PDA

View Full Version : August trip

mwvigue
07-18-2010, 11:09 PM
The time is almost here!!! I will be fishing Flaming Gorge on August 2nd, 3rd and 4th with my father. We will be staying in Manila at the KOA. We plan on launching at the Lucerne Valley Marina. I am looking for information regarding the general location for the Kokanee. Would you all suggest both WY. and UT. fish licenses? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Marc

halojm
07-19-2010, 07:24 AM
you hve several options if launching at Lucerrrne. This weekend as most I fish wyoming side as the fish seem a bit bigger. You will need a recipical stamp to fish wyoming which you can get at the marina store for $10 bucks.
Around the pipeline, rawlings draw, wild horse draw have all been producing good fish. If you want to stay on the Utah side I would sugeet around hideout. Fished there Saturday morning for a couple hours and boated 27 in the 2 to 3 pound class. been fishing between 45 and 65 feet and hooking fish at all those depths. Best tackle has been the RMT hyperplad dogers with pink or green squids with a splash of the special JJ Juice and tiped with gulp maggot. Hope this helps. I'll be staying at the lucerrne docks that weekend so if you need anything else look me up.
Cheers

Brown bear
07-19-2010, 07:36 PM
I will also be at the KOA. I agree with Rob I was there this weekend, my bigger fish came on RMT 5.5" dodgers and green squid. On Friday I was at BB and did really good on orange. Did catch several over 3.5#s, but could not break the 4# mark. Good luck see ya there.
Dave

froggie
07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, we couldn't break the 4# koke either. But we had a ball!! ...and the JJ Juice was my fave scent. Orange squid was HOT too.
Froggie

mwvigue
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Fella's,

I appreciate the information, I have only fished FG once, over 14 years ago, so the locations are really greek to me :) The information I am hearing about the invasive species permits are as follows:

Utah - free inspection
Wyoming - required permit/sticker (30.00) for out of staters

Is this correct? I want to purchase the Wyoming online asap if so. We should be arriving late afternoon/evening on August 1st, long drive in from Spokane, WA. My father and I will fish for 3 days, hopefully we can get into some large Kokanee!!!! Once again thank you for the information.

Marc

Bduck
07-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Fella's,

I appreciate the information, I have only fished FG once, over 14 years ago, so the locations are really greek to me :) The information I am hearing about the invasive species permits are as follows:

Utah - free inspection
Wyoming - required permit/sticker (30.00) for out of staters

Is this correct? I want to purchase the Wyoming online asap if so. We should be arriving late afternoon/evening on August 1st, long drive in from Spokane, WA. My father and I will fish for 3 days, hopefully we can get into some large Kokanee!!!! Once again thank you for the information.

MarcYou can apply for the decal($30) online through F&G in Wyoming. If you apply now, you should get your decal before you go to the Gorge. Sounds like you have plenty of time. Also, you can take an annual test for Utah and print out a certificate to display in your vehicle. Also print one for your boat. You have to get 100% but don't worry, it will let you go back and retake those you missed. This will save you time from having to fill out the daily questionaire at the launch. Have fun!!! thumbsup

Targa165
07-20-2010, 05:49 PM
You can apply for the decal($30) online through F&G in Wyoming. If you apply now, you should get your decal before you go to the Gorge. Sounds like you have plenty of time. Also, you can take an annual test for Utah and print out a certificate to display in your vehicle. Also print one for your boat. You have to get 100% but don't worry, it will let you go back and retake those you missed. This will save you time from having to fill out the daily questionaire at the launch. Have fun!!! thumbsup

Thanks for the info about taking the annual test for Utah online. I just completed it and they give you the information to read about the question right above the question. If you miss one you can ansewer it again at the end of the test, very educational, seems like a better idea than just charging for a decal. I'll be at the Gorge for a full week starting July 25th. I haven't been able to get over there to fish for kokanee yet this year. I hope to get in some big mac fishing while there, too.