PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry 7-18-10

KokeNovice
07-18-2010, 05:32 PM
Strawberry today. Landed 5 Kokes. Lost a dozen. Biggest one went 21" and 3.66 lbs. Currently first place in the contest they have up there. I can't get a picture up. Someone give me their email address that can post it for me.

fishinfrenzy
07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
I've only tried Strawberry a couple times for kokes, but never got into any. Can you give any information like where on the lake and what kind of trolling gear works for them?

KokeNovice
07-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Leave strawberry marina and head straight towards haws point. Stay in about 80-85' of water. Then turn left towards the island, once your within about two hundred yards of the island, make a long sweeping turn around to your right back towards the marina...Repeat, over and over all day long. But this is just where I like to fish.
I prefer Rocky Mountain Tackle gear along with a few others. Pink and chartreuse squids and dodgers with the same color powerbait maggots are my personal favorite. My GPS quit working today or I'd give you exact coordinates. Good luck. I sent the pictures to another member, I'm sure he'll post them when he can.

Petty4life
07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Here ya go buddy.

Kokanee Killer
07-18-2010, 10:17 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet fish buddy i still have to crack the magical 20 in mark back east here101goodpost101

Bduck
07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
There is kokes after all at Strawberry. The last time I went, I could get through the cutthroats to find them. Just think, the Utah state record is from there. Nice job KokeNovice. 101goodpost101 I would give it a try this weekend but it's the Utah state holiday.

fishinfrenzy
07-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll have to try it when I bring the boat back from the Gorge. The fish there have also turned on there. When do they start moving there, or do they just hang around until the spawn?