PDA

View Full Version : Dude in a 8 foot pontoon with gas outboard...

Mojo
07-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know the guy at Lucky Peak with the 8 foot toon and gas (Honda I think?) outboard? He trolled by us doing what seemed to be about 90 mph yesterday, and said he had caught 3. I was impressed, but I thought if you put an outboard on a toon, you had to license it.

kodiak1
07-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes, he was licensed. Had numbers on both sides on a thin board attached to the toon. Talked to him as we were pulling out. We offered him some "doctored" shoepeg, but he felt a Panther Martin was the best offering. Glad to hear the gentleman had found the fish. Said he struck out on his previous outing there. Mike

BlueBack79
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
every "craft" should have to be registered. doesnt cost that much and think of all the added benefits for EVERYONE. its a little irritating that all these rafters/kayakers have to pay NOTHING....yet they complain the most about motorized use.....while we foot the bill. okay, rant over.

Mojo
07-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Kodiak1, I missed the lettering on his toon. I was not complaining, just asking the question on the registration issue. Still marvelling at his setup. Pretty cool in several ways. Boy that guy was zipping around the lake. Passed me like I was sitting still.