PDA

View Full Version : 7-12-10 kokanee AMERICAN lake

KOK head
07-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Had the day off...again, so my 11yr. old and I headed out...again, to American Lake. Not knowing what was in store for us; due to the wind blowing out of the south pretty hard and steady! We launched out of the north park boat ramp at 6:30am with white caps rolling pretty good. We saw maybe a half dozen boats fishing for the 1st 2hrs. The name of the game today was; head south and troll north with the wind in our favor, 80' to 100' of water, 27' down with the riggers. Not sure if anybody has ever heard of 'Dee's micro flashers' but let me tell you, they work like no other for the kokanee out there! With a green wedding ring and white maggot on a double hook set up, you will slay them. My son and I must have hooked 30 of them buggers today, releasing the smaller ones and keeping the bigger ones. We lost a few nice sized ones at the boat. They seemed to be de-hooking themselves more than normal today! Hope this helps!101chromefish101signfishin

Torres
07-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice job battling the crazy weather and come up with a nice stringer K H !

Nothing more fun than keeping the boat straight in the wind while at the same time lowering the gear, by yourself.

Might have to take a look at Dee's flashers and give them a shot at Steven's this weekend...

Richard

eenakoK
07-12-2010, 10:38 PM
awesomereport
You killed it today.. I will have to look at getting some of those Micro Dees.. That is great for American. I will be out on American Monday morning, then I am heading east to the Columbia chasing sockeye the following Friday. Keep up the great fishing. Thanks for sharing the report and pics! thumbsupthumbsup

SilverBullets
07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
So those dee flashers actually work? I've been carrying them in the bottom of the tackle box for years and have never got them wet...might just have to give em a try! Thanks for sharing and nice bunch of kokes!!awesomereport

HiTechKoke
07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
So those dee flashers actually work? I've been carrying them in the bottom of the tackle box for years and have never got them wet...might just have to give em a try! Thanks for sharing and nice bunch of kokes!!awesomereport

Psst... don't tell anyone but I have been using them as ball trolls for my underwater videos for 2 years now..... :-) So rather then put them inline I just attach them to the ball and then have my rig just above them and 2 feet back, you just can't see them in the video I've released so far. They definitely do work as an attractor. I'm not really sure why I've kept it a secret so this was a good thread to expose it! I actually have some unreleased video from an inline view that I should compile and release from last year that was pretty cool... It's been on my "todo" list.

I figure my California colleagues won't read this post hiding in the Washington Forum so I'm safe. nananana Seriously though dig them out and give them a try.

Oh and great catch Kok Head.

Kevin