PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to JustTrollin - todays derby winner!

HiTechKoke
07-10-2010, 10:28 PM
JustTrollin (aka JT) and his fishing partner took home the $3,000 check in todays Project Kokanee derby at New Melones. I thought I would toot his horn for him as he crushed the competition today and obviously unlocked the Kokanee code on the bigger fish for their 5 fish weigh in.

Great job JT! A well deserved win to a class act fisherman. We'll probably see you at Berryessa probably.

I fished the derby with Dreamcatcher and had a good time but we were not blessed with big fish. As for size what was caught and turned in were 14 to 16 inch fish.

Kevin

froggie
07-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Congrats, JT!!
Yeah, I kinda figured Melones would turn on while we're out of town, but i'm not complaining. After all we're headed back to the Gorge for 5 days.
Froggie

Petty4life
07-10-2010, 10:52 PM
nice job. Can i have a loan. LOL101justkidding101101rave101

redmanjr1
07-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Congrats JT! Don't you love it when a plan comes together (along with some good karma/luck).

Bob

JusTrollin
07-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Had a great time with my cousin Damen Gray at the tournament. Great event that went smooth thanks to the volunteers.We were lucky enough to catch some biger fish than the rest.Our best set up was a Bahama mama Rocky Mountain Dodger with either a mad temptation or blue v Uncle Larrys spinners.Fallowed by a Gold starlite Seps dodger with a pink hootchie. Also used the UL proto type tropical tiger and the RMT Bill Dunn Hornet spinners.Had around 20 fish to the boat wich at least 2 went to the ospray.Those birds will key in on you if there is one guy reelin and one guy standing in the back waiving the net.After realizing this we never touched the net until the fish was in net range and the bird left us alone after that.

Damen with the winning five.

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5098/1000339h.jpg
By justrollin (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/justrollin) at 2010-07-11
By justrollin at 2010-07-11

me with the winning five.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5424/1000341o.jpg
By justrollin (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/justrollin) at 2010-07-11
Thank you everyonewho has cogradulated us it feels pretty awesome.

JT

SilverBullets
07-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Cogratulations to you and your cousin!! Great job JT!!!101goodpost101

DWT
07-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Nice job finding the fish, JT! Congrats.

Kokanee Killer
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
nice job boyzzzzzzzz but can i ask why the tails are cut in half on those kokes??:confused:

HiTechKoke
07-12-2010, 11:41 PM
I can tell you the answer on that... it's so those fish don't get secretly passed to others still inline. It is standard at the derbys to cut them like that to avoid any temptation.

Kevin

KokeDealer
07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Way ta Go JT!

Well Deserved

JusTrollin
07-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks fellas!!!

JT

Mr. D
07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I'll use this Thread to make my first post here. Having known JT for some years now and being his partner at this event in the past, (15th place) in 2008, I'd like to congradulate JT and Damen on their win. You have been getting closer every year and this year you did it. Of all the events to get your first win, this is the one. Way to go guys!!!

As for my report, the event was well organized and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. My partner and I fished the same area we did 2 weeks ago since the fish were still there. We boated over 30 fish for day keeping what we thought we needed to stay competitive. In the end JT and Damen claimed 1st and we were beat out of 2nd by .06cm and settled for 3rd and the $1250.00. My partner, Bret Balla also took home a 26' flat screen during the raffle. All in all a sucessful tournament for us.

We used a #4 Sep's white glow dodger and watermelon dodger.
Our best lures were a white/pink spinner, red/white needlefish and an F.S.T. red spoon. Got a few on the white hoochie.

Again, way to go guys. See ya soon

Mark

JusTrollin
07-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks Mark you and Brett are on a roll.I am gonna have to come up and fish Union valley with you sometime soon.

JT

HiTechKoke
07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll use this Thread to make my first post here. Having known JT for some years now and being his partner at this event in the past, (15th place) in 2008, I'd like to congradulate JT and Damen on their win. You have been getting closer every year and this year you did it. Of all the events to get your first win, this is the one. Way to go guys!!!

As for my report, the event was well organized and everything seemed to go off without a hitch. My partner and I fished the same area we did 2 weeks ago since the fish were still there. We boated over 30 fish for day keeping what we thought we needed to stay competitive. In the end JT and Damen claimed 1st and we were beat out of 2nd by .06cm and settled for 3rd and the $1250.00. My partner, Bret Balla also took home a 26' flat screen during the raffle. All in all a sucessful tournament for us.

We used a #4 Sep's white glow dodger and watermelon dodger.
Our best lures were a white/pink spinner, red/white needlefish and an F.S.T. red spoon. Got a few on the white hoochie.

Again, way to go guys. See ya soon

Mark

It's been a great season for you Mark on the derby circuit I have noted as well. Good to see you here for a follow-up report. I'd settle for $1250 any day!

Kevin

Mr. D
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
JT, Got some nice kokes today at UVR. Back in the morning dialing things in. I'll fill ya in later, CONRATS once again my friend.

Kevin, Thanks for the kudos. My partner and me are doing well when we need to. After not fishing any derbies last year it's nice to know I can still do it and at least compete. See ya Stampede next month.

Mark

Koke Machine
07-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Congrats to JT and Mark. You guys found the bigger fish, that's for sure. We'll see you on the water soon.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

JusTrollin
07-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Thanks Robbie. Probably see you at stampede in a couple of weeks.

JT