PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN lake kokanee 7-10-10

KOK head
07-10-2010, 05:27 PM
My 2 boys and I woke up bright and early to get out on the water before all the water toys do! I usually launch my boat at the American Lake North Park boat launch, which the gate keeper opens at 6:30am. Instead, I went to the paved launch, south of the lake, off of Military, and that opens at 5:00 am...and its free parking. We started trolling north and within 5 minutes... bam! Fish On! in 75ft. water / 27ft down. Nice little fat kok, about 13 inches. Into the box it went. : ) As the morning went on, we were hooking them left and right. We boated most of them but a few spit the hook as well. Around 9:30 am, there were 4 water/wake boards out and 8 koks in the box. My boys and I were hungry and happy with the catch, so we packed it up and headed back. All fish were caught on a Dee's micro flasher with green wedding ring double hook set up and with two gulp natural white maggot! The biggest fish in the pic was 17 inches. Ah summer. mememe101chromefish101

eenakoK
07-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Very NICE!!!
Sounds like a great day! I hope that they are out to play next weekend. Thanks for the report and pictures. American has been putting out some fat fish this year!

awesomereport