PDA

View Full Version : chesterfield ID 4th of july

TrophyBoat
07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Me and girlfriend last moment decided to go up to chesterfield idaho for the 4th of july. Arrived on the 3rd and fished for a while in the evenining putting 11 bows inthe boat. It took 3 hours and 10 diifferent setups to finally get the fish to bite, Pink wiggle hoochie behind a sling blade is all i could get them to take and that was the ticket the next morning with 19 more in the boat. No hogs but all the fish were nice and healthy. I also caught a ice fishing rod, ended up being the biggest catch at 24". I got a brilliant idea to put it on the downrigger and see if i could catch a fish on it, didn;t take long and fish on!!! We ended up in Lava for some water and firework fun and fun it was. Another fun last minute adventure seeing i cannot ever make plans.

gonefishing
07-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Nice report. I was up there the 1st of July looking around. I am surprised to hear that you found a place to camp, at least close to the water. It was filling up then, on the 1st) for the weekend.

There are some nice fish in there as some of the lava locals have showed me their filed out catch's. I like the color of the water there too / dark blue. I plan on giving that little lake a try myself before to long.

Bank fishing with green power bait works well in that little puddle.

redmanjr1
07-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Great report! Cute pup, nice fish and the icerigger...LMAO!! laugh hystlaugh hyst Looked like an awesome time.

Bob

TrophyBoat
07-10-2010, 12:08 AM
thanks guys. Those fish are definetly nice and fat up there and pull like freight trains(are they Kamloops) there was no rod dancing on the downrigger, they would rip it straight out of the release and be pulling drag before you could get to it and we didn't even catch any thing over 18".
the only reason we got a spot to camp is we happened to run into a guy we met up steelheadin' what are the odds??