PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Fishing the gorge?

oldguysrule
07-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Has anyone been fishing the gorge? Haven't seen many reports.I will be going on the 9th for a week. Anyone else? How did the 4th go????

Propnut69
07-07-2010, 06:45 PM
One of our members D-Weed was camping at the gorge over the 4th. He did very well on the kokes,when he got to fish. He told me that all total he might of had ten hours fishing over a 4 day weekend. He said that every day the wind would come up about noon,and then it was time to head back to camp.Between the wind and the rain,he spend at lot of time in the camper. He did tell me a funny story of how a guy from colo ,that was driving a big motor home pulling a big boat, cut in front of everyone else at the ramp. He could hear all the yelling,and he was camped on the south buckboard side. Seems Mr big motor home got put in his place in a hurry.

fishinfrenzy
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
We have been fishing off and on over the past two weeks and doing quite well. The fish around the pipeline have been really good at about 40 - 50 feet down to get past alot of smaller kokes, and further north has been good although a little slower than the pipeline. Using alot of pink and blue squids behind sling blades, and pink with white glow beads on wedding rings both with good results. Good luck...

Bduck
07-07-2010, 09:42 PM
SuperD & Mickey are enjoying the comforts of my home tonight for which I'm glad to have great company, but tomorrow(Thursday 8 July) we are all headin' to the Gorge. Know of a few others going that way within the next day or 2.

nofish
07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Went up a week or so ago, and caught a lot of smaller Kokes. For the bigger ones, you need to fish North of the pipe. Any RMT dodger with a pink UV or pink double glow squid seemed to work the best. Good luck! (We did catch some of those OTHER fish too...)

oldguysrule
07-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks to all.Hope to meet some of you this weekend. Will try to run up to buckboard sometime sat. but have never been there.Once again thanks to all

D-Weed
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
old guys rule, I did good right out of buckboard, I started right in the middle of the lake and worked my way to the east shoreline until I hit about 40ft of water, then just zigged and zagged back and forth clear out to about 80ft of water, we worked both north and south, we were 15-20 ft behind the ball, and 30-40 ft down, anything orange seemed to be what they wanted, behind a RMT Hyper Plaid dodger, hope this helps GOOD LUCK

oldguysrule
07-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks d=weed I will hit there first thing Friday morning .awesomereport

Petty4life
07-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Went up a week or so ago, and caught a lot of smaller Kokes. For the bigger ones, you need to fish North of the pipe. Any RMT dodger with a pink UV or pink double glow squid seemed to work the best. Good luck! (We did catch some of those OTHER fish too...)

Nice Job NOFISH101goodpost101

froggie
07-11-2010, 10:53 AM
How far is it to the Pipeline from Buckboard? We can go about 20-30mph on the boat or unhook the RV to trailer it down. Would prefer to just drive in the boat as we have a slip at Buckboard & no other vehicle but the RV.
Froggie

D-Weed
07-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Froggie, I would say as the crow flys, your probably lookin at 10, maybe 15 miles at the most, from B.B. There is a ramp at Anvil draw with plenty of open ground close by to park the trailer. From there the P.L. is about a 10 min ride.