PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Peak Picking up

fishinotis
07-03-2010, 12:23 AM
[ thumbsup Hit Lucky Peak this morning and picked up a couple early and then it got windy, Decided to stick it out so I went up towards Arrowrock to get out of the wind, Ended up fishing across from the upper ramp where it wasnt as windy as the Spring Shores area. Started getting regular take downs around noon and after loosing a few and missing even more, I ended up with a limit so called it good. Two were over 17 and 3 were 16. Used some new set ups i got from Gary Gordon (Fishing with Gary) and they worked well and also the old reliable Double Dees with a pink wedding ring did well. Seemed to do best with white maggots or with corn and maggots. The ski boats and jet skis were a pain and will be the rest of the weekend so im waiting a few days before going back up. The fish were a pale silver and it looked like they were starting to go into spawn stages--still real firm and put on great fights--lost a couple that came out of the water 4 and 5 times!101chromefish101

koko71
07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Went to lucky peak a couple of weeks ago hooked up on only one. What color Gary Gordon dodgers did you use? Are the Kokanee still holding in around 30 to 40 feet of water?

fishinotis
07-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I had my best luck on the blue dodger but hooked some on the chartruse and also a pink wedding ring with th edouble dees flashers did real well. The fish seemed to be at 20 feet--fished deeper at several levels but almost everything came from the 20 foot area. Going to try it again on tuesday after the boating settles down--i got real tired of jet skis going between me and the bank when they had the whole lake to play on!!

fishinotis
07-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Today was just as good. Took our time but limited out by 2pm. Some 17 inchers down to a foot long. Same set ups for me but my buddy did real well on a orange Kokannee killer with double d's flasher. We fished up towards arrowrock again and had to look around a bit to find the fish.

Waterskipper
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
I put in just before you guys took out. I had 3 guys on board my Custom Weld. We limited and were off the water around 7:30pm. Pretty good fishing!

fishinotis
07-07-2010, 09:51 AM
waterskipper-i remember the boat--did u fish south of Spring shores or did u go upriver? We caught more small ones than usual but the big ones were hogs!!

Waterskipper
07-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Otis, We fished right in front of the marina. We had 18 fish and 6 or 7 were 12" and the others were 16"-17 1/2" We put at least 8 smaller fish back.

fishinotis
07-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Ditto today-but lots of 12 inch fish today and only 4 big ones-did a lot of ctch and release and a lot of release with no catch! Must have lost 20 fish today-doing nothing different than any other day-oh well-had a great time and got to try out my new Kokanee rod that i got at the Tackle Shack in Meridian--if u have not been there then check it out--lots of kokanee gear and the prices are great! Good fishing!

redmanjr1
07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Nice fish! We've never fished LP but would like to try. It just seems the boat launch gets so crowded. We drove up there once in the late afternoon. How is it in the mornings?

Bob

Excaliber
07-10-2010, 02:20 PM
The fishing was very good today. We tried our usual spot and after half an hour nada.
We made a short move to our other spot and limited out in an hour and 15 minutes.

7 of them were over 15" with for better than 17". They put on quite a show with several of them jumping right behind the boat after coming out of the release.

Only one of them had any color to it as the rest are still bright chrome fish.
They are having a traithlon or something up there today. They don't have the lanes closed off like they did for Ironman.
I saw three bikers almost get nailed for swerving out into traffic. Those bikers think they own the whole road.

Anyways........ The fishing is good right now.

sawtooth
07-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Made the trip to LP yesterday with my son and his friend. Started fishing at 9am. Hooked up within the first five minutes and landed a nice 17" koke. By 11:30 we kept two limits and released three 11-12" fish to fight another day. We started working on our third limit but the pleasure boaters started to show up, and it was more than my son could stand. We put the rods away and took out the wakeboard for an hour or so before heading home. Most fish were down about 20-25 feet. But I did have one pull the line out of my hands, while I attempted to put it in the downrigger clip. By the time I got the rod out of the holder, he was off. Home made spinners in pink and white or pink mini squids with a spinner in front and a dodger were the go to lures. Hope to get out again sometime next week.

Kenprice
07-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Sat, 7/10/10, Lucky Peak Resv

Made it on the water by about 730 AM and ran up to the Spring Shores area. Started out slow, but picked up my first fish at around 0830, then 3 more over the next two hours. Around 1030 hooked into a nice 16 incher, followed by an 18 incher. The last two showed the very beginnings of spawning changes in the jaw, with the last fish noticably hooked, with teeth, and a faint pink tinge the length of the fish.

Used a pink skeleton pattern sling blade followed 12 inches back with a red wedding ring, all at about 20 ft.

I must be improving in my methods, this is first time I've limited out on LP, and I only lost 3 fish. All in all, a good day. Here's pics.